Kathy Reviews The Heart Series by Esther M Soto

Kathy's Series Review

These two books by Esther Soto have blown me away. In a nutshell - the story is riveting. It’s full of Emotion. Love. Heartbreak. Suspense. Most of all – it’s full of depth. The characters are so well defined that they jump right off the page. This tale is weaved so delicately that everything connects perfectly – yet continues to surprise the reader. Scanning the synopsis and starting the first book I had no idea how invested I would become sharing this epic journey with Ileana Harper. 


Ileana is an FBI Agent who is tracking a serial killer. In pursuit of the killer she ends up traveling back in time. However, it’s about so much more than that. Ileana’s dysfunctional family, job, and military career all come together to create one amazingly dynamic character. During her investigation, she’s left behind her best friend and partner, Tommy Colton. Fearful she may never see Tommy again, she races against time to catch a serial killer. Along the way, she uncovers family secrets and tries to maintain a balance that won’t alter the past. That becomes more complicated as she grows closer to the man who is her only confidant. What transpires is a fast-paced adventure that will have your heart both swooning and pumping adrenaline throughout the novel. Hold My Heart manages to tie up most loose ends and just when you think you have a happy little ending, you get hit with the cliffhanger... 


Break My Heart jumps headfirst back into Ileana’s life. Let me just say that the opening chapter left me gasping for breath. I’m not going to write about the synopsis for this book. I think it is important that you don’t read the synopsis until you have finished Hold My Heart. However, I want to talk about the profound complexity of this book. It really examines the depth of emotion that develops within those who serve in the armed forces and police force. I actually felt as if I was peering into a window of the souls of two people who had survived overseas military deployment. I now understand the sacrifice undercover agents make when they leave their families and engage themselves fully in their work. I now understand the desperation of the loved ones at home waiting and wondering. The feels in this book are unparalleled. Along with so much heartache is a love so strong that it withstood the test of time, trials, and tribulations. I’m cruising along devouring the book - looking at the percent left and thinking that it doesn’t match up, we can’t be near the end - and BAM the cliffhanger comes out of nowhere! It’s one you’ll want to talk about immediately (I rushed to social media to talk to my book buddies). This is a book that I’ll be thinking about until the finale is released. Esther Soto just moved to the top of my must read list. Let me know if there will be a midnight release party for the third book. I’ll be waiting in line for my copy!

 Buy Links

Hold My Heart

Amazon US
Amazon UK
Amazon AU
Amazon CA

Break My Heart - NOW LIVE!!

Amazon US
Amazon UK
Amazon AU
Amazon CA

Meant to Be - A Heart Series Companion 

Amazon US
Amazon UK
Amazon AU
Amazon CA

About Esther

Esther grew up on the beautiful Caribbean island of Puerto Rico before meeting and marrying her soul mate. A former military wife, she is the mother of three boys, explorer, avid reader, communications professor, and knowledge hound. An Army Mom at heart, Esther resides in FL where she spends her days at her home office teaching, grading, and writing about love, romance, and life.


Stalk Esther

Author Website / Facebook / Twitter
Goodreads / Pictaram / Google +

1 comment

All comments welcome!