Julie reviews Chasing Memories by Ellie Wade

What if you found him, the one who was put on this earth for you? He was your perfect partner, your soul mate. Your life with him was more than you could have ever hoped for. The two of you created an amazing family full of so much love.

I did. And it was everything.

Then, one day, I woke up, and he was gone. They were all gone.

I can’t accept it. I’m stuck in a reality that isn’t mine, aching for the life I lost, one that made up the very fabric of my soul.

How do I find my future when my past won’t stop pulling me under? I’m drowning, struggling to breathe in this existence where nothing makes sense. It might be crazy, and I might be as well.

But if you’d experienced the joy of a once-in-a-lifetime love, you’d be chasing memories, too.
Add to GOODREADS.
ARC provided by author. 

Review

I’ve been a fan of Ellie’s for quite some time and when the opportunity arose to review this book, I didn’t even realize what it was about. I just knew I wanted to read it. The dynamics around this book were quite different from anything else I have read and I think that is why this book worked well for me.

We have Mia, who was marrying her long-time boyfriend Grayson but the night before the wedding, she was in a car accident. Six months later and awakening from a coma, nothing is as it seems. Her life with Grayson was non-existent to her and her dreams were her new reality.

“He’s the same, but I’m not. I’m so different. Everything has changed, but I suppose, in reality, nothing has. I can’t make sense of any of it.”

Without giving too much away, Mia’s life as she thought would never be the same. What everyonethinks are her dreams, she can’t let it go. She had to find out where her life was meant to be, not for her family, but for herself.

As much as everyone thinks she is crazy and needs professional help, her persistence never faded and that’s what I loved about her character. She was definitely a strong heroine in this book and I really enjoyed that part of this book. Grayson? Not so much. I felt bad for him but I didn’t agree with his actions at times.

As Mia was determined to find out the truth, I love how the book evolved. At times, I was thinking ‘what the heck is going to happen?’. I was thinking she was insane myself. Due to her determination, she was able to find out the truth to the surprise of her family.

“To me, this life feels like a dream. It’s familiar but shallow. The colors here aren’t vibrant, the emotions are dull, and the love is missing.”

Aiden is a major player in this book and I really loved his character. I won’t reveal how he played a role in this book but it really made the book for me. Like I said, I’m not giving anything away so that it will be a surprise. As usual, Ellie’s books are well-written and I enjoyed all of the characters, but especially her relationship with her sister. With that being said, I felt at times the book was a little wordy but I’m a forever fan of Ellie’s and I encourage you to read this 4 star book.

Author Bio

Ellie Wade resides in southwest Michigan with her husband, three young children, and two dogs. She has a Master’s degree in education from Eastern Michigan University and is a huge University of Michigan sports fan. She loves the beauty of her home state, especially the lakes and the gorgeous autumn weather. When she is not writing, you will find her reading, snuggled up with her kids, or spending time with family and friends. She loves traveling and exploring new places with her family.

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!