Julie reviews Dirty English by Ilsa Madden-Mills

A scarred fighter.A girl with rules.One night of unbridled passion.

There are three things you need to know about Elizabeth Bennett: she’s smart as a whip, always in control, and lives by a set of carefully crafted rules. She’s learned the hard way that people you love the most always hurt you in the end.

But then she meets Declan Blay, the new neighbor at her apartment complex.

A tattooed British street fighter, he’s the campus bad boy she’s supposed to avoid, but when he saves her from a frat party gone bad, all her rules about sex and love fly out the window.

She gives him one night of unbridled passion, but he longs for more. 

With only a cardboard-thin wall separating their bedrooms, he dreams of possessing the vulnerable girl next door forever.

One night. Two damaged hearts. The passion of a lifetime.

*a modern love story inspired by Pride and Prejudice* 
Add to GOODREADS.
ARC provided by author. 

Review

There is a new bad boy in town and his name is Declan Blay.  He’s sexy with a great heart, a really tough attitude, and he’s British! Can it get any better than that??

It didn’t take me long to fall for this hunk of a man.  He’s one badass street fighter who is not looking for a relationship after having his ex-girlfriend cheat on him, but when Elizabeth walks into that frat party, neither of them will ever be the same.

My poor heart just broke for Elizabeth. She’s from the wrong side of the tracks and has been through such heartbreak and with trying to deal with a poor excuse for a mom, you can really tell she is a strong character but yet with an easily breakable spirit.  She knows Declan is just the man to avoid.  Even though she wants a one-night stand, she knows Declan will only be trouble.  He’s rich and a street fighter, something she doesn’t want in her life. But, no matter how much she tries to avoid him, he keeps breaking down her walls.

"I-I have a mountain to climb in life, and I want you next to me.  I want you to walk up it with me-behind me to give me a push or next to me when I need to hold your hand." - Elizabeth

Both Declan and Elizabeth’s parents were hard to swallow and I love how each of them came out on top by the end. You can feel how much they are meant to be and they seem like what each other need to balance out the other.  They are both tough as nails but when they break down their shell, you see the beautiful heart they have behind their hard exterior.  The heat between the two is simply undeniable and you can feel those sheets burning from those scorching scenes.  Declan is raw, gritty, and is definitely a hero as he’s protecting Elizabeth from her past.

"You and me, we got this. I'm going to spend the rest of my life loving you.  I'm going to give you whatever you want, Unicorn Girl." - Declan

I think one of my favorite parts of this book was Dax, Declan’s twin brother.  He was hilarious and I loved seeing his actions toward Elizabeth too.  So many times, I was dying laughing at his antics and I would really LOVE to have his book as well.  I really enjoyed this book and how it is so different than Ilsa’s Briarcrest Academy Series. It’s well written and the scenes make me feel like I’m there watching their story.  So many emotions are played out in this book.  I laughed and I cried. Declan is my new book boyfriend and I highly recommend this 5 star book!  Ilsa, I just need Dax now!

Purchase

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!