Julie Reviews Stay by Chelsea Camaron

Fair Warning … This isn’t a sappy romance. It’s not sweet. It’s far from anything you would want to imagine. This is a story to leave you feeling dirty.

Nothing about us is normal.
Nothing about us is natural.

Can love ultimately be defined in such ways, truly? This is our story.

He is a hitman. The very one who took my family the night that changed us both forever. Something in my eyes stopped him from killing me. Something in my eyes called out for him to take me.

At ten he captured me, at fifteen he consumed me, and at eighteen he owned me.

Outsiders think he’s my father … that is so far from the truth.

Our twisted desires fuel the darkness that lies deep inside us both. My innocence never existed. He takes me as I am. 
Add to GOODREADS.

Review

When I first saw this book was being released, it didn’t really matter what it was about because I love Chelsea’s books anyway.  Then, I was hearing all the hype about how people were saying it was a dark read so it had my attention even further.

I must admit that this is not the darkest book I’ve ever read but it is oh so twisted!  This poor girl has been through so much abuse in her young life, until a mysterious stranger rescues her.  She is ten years old, and the secrets between those walls of her house were so disgusting and my heart just broke for her.

As time passes, she seems to loosen up but doesn’t let her walls down because she has no idea why this stranger took her to begin with.  As she starts trying to talk to the stranger because she is so lonely, she soon finds her life wasn’t what it was made out to be.  Secrets are revealed.  Trust is broken.  Not only for her, but for her stranger as well. 

I was definitely intrigued by this book and it was a quick read for me.  I’m not going into any more detail about this book because it will reveal too much.  The twists and turns threw me for a loop and at times, I was asking myself what the hell I was reading.  As I got further into the secrets and lives involved, it blew me away and as I jumped into the two epilogues, I still can’t decide which one I liked better.  You’ll just have to check out this 4 star book and decide for yourself.

Purchase

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!