Julie's Week In Review

What I Read Recently

Entangle by Veronica Larsen
I always love to see a strong woman, who has been broken by her past, learn to love and heal herself.  That's exactly what Alexis does when she meets Leo but it certainly isn't easy for her.
Alexis has been destroyed by her ex and comes out on top by owning her own business.  Leo is an engineer for her company and once she propositions him, neither of them are the same.  The passion between them ignites and Leo is exactly what she needed to be able to open up, live, and love again.  Even though she is a powerful businesswoman, she is really so heartbroken.  She hides it well to everyone but Leo.  He seems to balance her out and be what she needs but in the bedroom, she is powerless to Leo's charms.  Who wouldn't be?  He's definitely drool worthy!
I loved the passion between them and it's definitely hot!  I quickly fell for Leo and I love how they are exactly what the each other needed.  This was a quick read for me but so worth it.

Pucked by Helena Hunting
This is the first book I have read by Helena so when I heard some good things about it, I knew I had to check it out.  This book is exactly what I needed, it's light, has a great love story, and downright hilarious!!
Violet has always known hockey players are just that: players.  Her stepbrother has shown her that no hockey player is ready for any relationship, until Alex walks into her life.  They feel that connection when they first meet and as much as she tries to avoid him, there is no avoiding Alex.
I loved how persistent he was and he really had to prove himself not to be the playboy everyone knows him as.  But, when he publicly embarrasses her, he really has his work cut out for him.  I really loved Violet!!!  That girl says what she's thinking and boy she doesn't hold back.  It was hilarious and I found myself laughing out loud so many times during this book.  I was looking forward to seeing what she could come up with next and Alex handled her so well.  At times, he gave it right back at her and they made the perfect team, in and out of the bedroom. I did feel a few of the moments became a little silly and over the top but I still highly recommend it.

The Mad Tatter by J.M. Darhower
I had been seeing the hype about this book so I thought I would check it out.  I liked it but I didn't love it.  It was just ok for me.  Don't get me wrong, it's worth the read and I do recommend it, but it just wasn't for me.
Reece and Avery are from two completely different worlds, he's a tattoo artist and she does ballet.  You couldn't get more different than that and when those worlds collide, it makes for an interesting relationship.  You can tell they are so different but yet they do work as a couple.  I fell for Reece because even though he is such a badass tattoo artist, he has a heart of gold and always takes care of his responsibilities.  Avery seems to soften his heart even more and I love how she loosened up by being with Reece.
This book was interesting but just didn't give me that wow factor that I was hoping.  It is a quick read and Reece and Avery ending up being a perfect couple.

Wait For Me by Eleanor Green
Wow!  I am completely amazed by this book!  This book is so different from anything I have read lately so it came at a perfect time for me.  The emotions brought out in this book were simply beautiful.
Poor Cooper had landed himself in jail for defending Briley from an attack.  They had been friends since they were kids and he has loved her for years.  Briley had always put him in the friend zone and never thought about him that way.  As she finds out she misses Cooper while he's in jail, she goes through so much turmoil and realizes how much Cooper really means to her.
Briley certainly doesn't make things easy for Cooper and as much as I just wanted to slap her at times, you can really feel how broken she is.  With the crazy ex she had, who can blame her?  The emotions brought out in this book were beautiful.  It was well written and I couldn't put this one down.  I always love a friends-to-lovers romance and this one is well worth the read!!

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!