Julie's Week In Review

What I Read Recently

For The Love of Raindrops by Beth Michele
I have quickly become a fan of Beth's and I believe she has outdone herself with this one.  This book brought me to my knees with the amount of emotion and depth that was in this book.  I laughed and I cried, some happy tears and some sad tears. 
Evie and Dylan had this bond for over 20 years that seemed to stand the test of time no matter what the other was going through.  There were plenty of ups and downs, separations, and life's struggles along the way.  I don't think I have read a book that will pull at your heartstrings more than this book.  Evie and Dylan were so cute together growing up and I found it so beautiful that they grew into an amazing pair.  Believe me, life certainly wasn't easy and it only became harder for them both.
I applaud Beth for such an outstanding book in that it really pulled at my heart.  Just when I thought things were going along great, here came another obstacle for them.  I loved the strength of these two characters and by the end, I was expecting something that occurs in most books and was pleasantly surprised to find it so out of the ordinary but that is what worked so beautifully for this story.  I think this is one of my favorite books of the year!

Summer With A Star by Merry Farmer
I always love when a 'plain Jane' meets a hot celebrity and I think this book worked for me.  Tasha, a teacher, has spent 20 years saving up to spend her summer at the beach house she has always dreamed of and when Spencer, the hottie, is there occupying her house, she is definitely thrown for a loop. Tasha and Spencer were certainly opposites in every way and when they found themselves sharing a beach house for the summer, you can tell they really have more in common than they thought.
Tasha's struggles from being jilted by her ex of 13 years plagued her mind with so much sorrow that I felt bad that she was so broken.  Spencer was trying to find the peace within himself and trying to escape the spotlight for a more normal life.  It was nice to see how well they complimented each other, but I sure was angry with his manager Yvonne for trying to get in their way.  I just wanted to slap her and tell her to but out.  She did make things happen for the better so she did redeem herself for me in the end.
Tasha and Spencer's summer together was so touching as they each found what they wanted and needed at the beginning of the summer.  With all of Tasha's insecurities, I was glad to see Spencer not back down and push her to her limits because she definitely needed it.
The romance was so tender and Spencer just wooed me throughout this book.  He's certainly not your typical celebrity heartthrob.  He had a heart of gold. If you're looking for a cute summer and quick read, then this is one to pick up.

The Rub Down by Gina Sheldon
Sweet and touching story about Alexa struggling to overcome her fears of running the Boston marathon after the tragic events of last year.  Luke is swoon worthy and is exactly what Alexa needs to be able to heal and move forward.
I liked this book because you don't have the instant love, jump in the sack type of book.  Their friendship and feelings are built up over time and you can feel the struggles Alexa is having with the upcoming race and you can feel the sexual tension between her and Luke that eventually builds up into something beautiful.  Everyone needs a Luke in their life!
Gina's debut novel really impressed me and you will feel a variety of emotions, happiness, sadness, and heartbreak.  It's one I recommend and I look forward to reading more books by Gina!

Dear Juliet by Trudy Stiles
Dear Juliet is the third book in the Forever Family Series and I must say Trudy has done it again!  Her first two books were highly emotional and this book has brought out even more emotion and heartbreak as well.
We met Seth in book one, Dear Emily, and I must say he ticked me off with his actions in that book.  So, I was nervous as to how Trudy would have him redeem himself but she definitely accomplished that.  Getting more into Seth's background helped me to see what made him tick and have the feelings he did.
I loved seeing Seth open up his heart to love and became the kind of man that Juliet needed.  He helped her in so many ways and I must say I learned to love him by the end.  I'm now a big fan of Seth's and I can't wait to see what Trudy comes up with in her next books. I'm a forever Trudy fan!

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!