Julie Reviews A Beautiful Kind of Love by Ellie Wade

Title: A Beautiful Kind of Love
Author: Ellie Wade
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: April 13, 2015
Every choice has a consequence.

I believe in soul mates. Why? Because I have one and his name is Jax Porter.

I have known Jax my whole life and I have loved him with every breath I’ve ever taken. The fact that we were born a mere month apart to mothers that are best friends has made us inseparable since birth.

What we have is so rare, one would think our story would be written, our fate sealed. But, unfortunately that’s not how life works. Life offers us many choices that can turn destiny into chance.

I now find myself heading toward a destination that I could have never imagined and I have to figure out where to go from here.

Will the choices that have been made change our path forever or will fate find its way?
Add to GOODREADS.
ARC provided by author. 

Review

A Beautiful Kind Of Love is one of those books that just wrecked me by the end.  But, in such a good way!!  I had started this book late in the day and was up until well after midnight to finish it because I just couldn’t put it down.  My emotions were all over the place and I had shed so many tears.  I immediately sent Ellie a message telling her that I needed more of this story and soon.  I’m an old softie at heart and the thought of first love is what drew me into this book so much.

Jax and Lily grew up together and had this undeniable bond.  Their parents were best friends and they were always together.  I loved seeing them growing up and having that closeness that everyone should have in their life.

“I can’t believe I have gone almost eighteen years without being with you like this.” - Jax

As they grew up and started to have more than ‘friendly’ feelings toward each other, I think my heart was smiling because you could feel that they were destined to be together.  As we all know though, life changes, and when they go to separate colleges, life gets hard.  Once I got to this part where they both left for separate colleges, I felt my heart begin to drop.  I just knew there would be those ups and downs ahead for them both.  Sometimes you have to choose between yourself or the one you love and it’s never an easy choice.  Is it always the right thing?  Maybe, maybe not.  Jax and Lily are finding that out.

“Lily, I love you more than anything else in this world.  You are my love, my beautiful love.  There will never be another woman in this world who is more perfect for me than you.  I would do anything for you even if it killed me.” – Jax

Through the years, their love was never-ending and life does many things to their relationship.  I was smiling and crying right along the way.  Just when I felt myself getting some idea of what could be ahead, Ellie threw in a curveball.  My emotions were turned completely around and I was heartbroken for Jax and Lily.  Life choices are hard and can hearts be mended?

“Every choice you make in this life has a consequence, and regardless of what you choose…you need to be prepared for the effect it will have on your life.” – Jax

I’ve always been a believer of true love and you can really feel the connection that Lily and Jax have.  They were friends before lovers and that is one thing that I fell in love with about this book.  It wasn’t instant attraction.  It was a bond that was tested over time and dealt with life’s obstacles and not just a relationship that was just thrown together.

I applaud Ellie for a book that will pull at your heart, but make you see life in a completely different way.  Love isn’t always perfect and it’s definitely something to fight for so I’m looking forward to seeing what Ellie comes up with for Jax and Lily.  Other characters were well written into the story and I would love to see their story as well.  This is definitely a 5 star read for me and I’m looking forward to more of this beautiful story.

About the Author

Ellie Wade resides in southwest Michigan with her husband, three young children, and two dogs. She has a Master’s degree in education from Eastern Michigan University and is a huge University of Michigan sports fan. She loves the beauty of her home state, especially the lakes and the gorgeous autumn weather. When she is not writing, you will find her reading, snuggled up with her kiddos, or spending time with family and friends. She loves traveling and exploring new places with her family. 

Giveaway

HOSTED BY:

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!