TB's Week In Review

What I Read Recently

Becoming Rain by K.A. Tucker
ARC provided by NetGalley
Read TB's mini-review for Burying Water HERE.
Burying Water was one of my favorite books last year, so I couldn't wait to read Becoming Rain to find out Luke Boone's story. 
Luke has had everything handed to him on a silver platter thanks to his uncle's various businesses, one of which is running an illegal car theft ring and Luke wants in. Clara Bertelli is the undercover cop assigned help take the ring down and in doing so she becomes socialite Rain Martines and has to find a way to get close to Luke. It isn't an easy task to begin with but Clara is good and soon Luke is letting her in, but it becomes more than just another case and catching a criminal when Rain starts to fall for Luke. I can understand why, Luke has such a good heart, he's just a bit misguided. It took me longer than I would have liked to really connect to the feelings that Clara was growing for Luke. That caused my investment of the romance in the story to dwindle for a short period of time, and I say short because it wasn't but a chapter or two later when things start unraveling and the investigation turns interesting. At that point Clara has a harder time balancing her feelings towards Luke and working the case. Then I was glued to the pages to see what would happen. The suspense side of things is really what drove this story for me. I never knew how things would play out next and I was nervous for Luke and Clara's future, whether together or apart. As with all K.A. Tucker books, Becoming Rain is superbly written and Tucker is a talented storyteller, weaving a beautiful romance together with a mysterious and suspenseful story. I can't wait for more in this series!
"Guilt and happiness go to war inside of me as I fall. I wonder which one will win."

Beneath This Ink by Meghan March
Read TB's mini-review for Beneath This Mask HERE.
I loved Beneath This Mask by Meghan March and couldn't wait to read Con's story in Beneath This Ink. I was not disappointed. Con is the bad boy who was never accepted in his adoptive parents high society. Vanessa is the princess of that high society in his eyes and he knows she's too good for him. But they had one night in the past; one night that she can't forget and one he can't remember. Now, two years later, Vanessa needs something from Con which provides him with another chance with her. This book was nothing like I expected it to be; it was better. It wasn't just a romance, a mystery was blended in perfectly and kept the story constantly throwing unexpected twists and turns my way. There wasn't a dull moment while reading this one. I loved Con and Vanessa. I loved them together and individually. As rough around the edges as Con may seem, he's really a great guy. There's more to him than meets the eye and he was easy to fall for. I enjoyed Vanessa, she wasn't that perfect princess that Con had always assumed she was. Their relationship doesn't start on the best of terms but I loved how their feelings and opinions of each other changed as the story progressed. Meghan March writes wonderfully, creating a sexy and compelling story with engaging characters. I have no doubt the next book in the series will be just as good, whether it be Lucas's or Lord's.

The Lady Vanishes by Nicole Camden
ARC provided by publisher via NetGalley
I enjoyed The Lady Vanishes. It was a fairly quick read and very entertaining. When computer geek, magician, and billionaire Milton Shaw lays eyes on doctor Regina Burke he knows he has to have her and will do everything in his power to get her in his bed. Regina doesn't give in to Milton right away due to things in her past, but she is certainly intrigued. There was definitely chemistry between these two and I loved the slow build-up to the sexy times between them, it made the relationship more realistic. The side characters added extra entertainment to the story. It was just an all-around enjoyable read. This was my first Nicole Camden book and with how much I liked this one, I have no doubt I'll be reading more of her work in the future, hopefully about Milton's friends.

1 comment

  1. I liked Beneath This Mask so I'm pretty stoked to read Beneath This Ink for Con's story!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome!