Danielle reviews American Savages by J.J. McAvoy

“Villains by Choice." 

Betrayed. Melody is nowhere to be found, Liam is in jail, and the Callahan family is cracking, just as Avian Doers, the FBI Director and puppet master behind their downfall, planned.

But just because they’re down doesn't mean they’re out. To fight back, Liam and Melody will have to put everything on the line. The kid gloves are coming off, and no one is getting out alive. Nothing will compare to the reign of terror that is about to envelope the entire country. First they were Ruthless, now they are pure Savages. The end is here, and no one is safe…

18+ Adults Only for violence and sex. 

Add to GOODREADS.
ARC provided by author.
Read D's review for Ruthless People HERE.
Read D's review for The Untouchables HERE.

Review

If you were to ask me right now what my favorite series was, Ruthless People by J..J. McAvoy would most definitely be at the top of my list! J.J. McAvoy is an author you should keep your eye on because the woman is talented! Her creativity is impressive! The evolution that occurred within this series was original and captivating. With as many twists and turns that occurred, her plot remained flawless. I have to warn you though this isn't a series for the squeamish. Ruthless People is dark and bloody! There are drugs and blood spilled throughout and not an ounce of remorse. During all the chaos there is still a beautiful love story. It may not be the same cookie cutter story that is told repeatedly in the romance genre but it was still as emotional and heartfelt as some of my other favorites. I was impressed by the amount of emotion that this book evoked out of me. I smiled, laughed, and at times cried. When it ended, I was floored! I selfishly hope that there are more books in this series. I can't get enough of the Callahans!

American Savages is the third book in the Ruthless Series. Although this book is mainly about Melody and Liam Callahan as they seek revenge, it is also about honor, family, and devotion. I really don't want to say much because I don't want to give anything away! For you other die hard fans, let me say that you will not be disappointed. If you that haven't picked up the first book do it now! J.J. McAvoy has created a mafia world that will grab your attention and not let go until the last page. Due to the multiple pov's you will also get to know the supporting characters and come to love and hate several of them along the way. Every page and action has an importance, little or huge, it adds to the story. Along this crazy ride there are also some of the hottest sex scenes I have read in a long time. The Callahans like it rough! The best part is the sex doesn't take over the story. It has been a while since I've finished a book and didn't feel like it was missing something. Sure, I would have loved to have another 100 pages or so because I didn't want it to end but I felt like the book delivered and ended the way it was supposed to. I can't wait to read what else this author puts out!

Purchase


1 comment

  1. I so want to read this series. One of my friends, Nereyda, read it (she loves books about killers) and LOVED it. I still remember a quote she shared with me from book one. It was something about how they don't kill people on Sundays or something. Haha!

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome!