TB's Week In Review

What I Read Recently

Spend The Night II by Elizabeth Lee
ARC provided by author
Read my mini review for Spend The Night I HERE.
I just don't even know what to think after this episode of Spend The Night. Who is "Him"? Is it Trent or Carter? Will either of those men win Hannah's heart? Do I even want them too? In this episode, revelations come out about Trent (which makes me dislike him just a bit but I'm still rooting for him), Hannah's relationship with Carter progresses (there's something about that guy I'm not loving), and everything from 'Him' went way creepy (it's so good and so crazy)! I am anxious to see how this story plays out in the final episode, I really have no idea how things will go from that ending. Elizabeth Lee is keeping us on the edge our seat with this serial and I love it!
GOODREADS/AMAZON

Hero by Samantha Young
ARC provided by publisher via NetGalley
Read Danielle's review HERE.
I am so torn about this book. I loved parts of it, but there were also parts I just wasn't quite feeling. Hero starts off with a somewhat awkward meeting between Alexa Holland and Caine Carraway. These two have a family history of sorts, one that at times I was completely confused by, so Caine has reasons to hate Alexa, but she just wants to prove to him she is nothing like her father. The first 10% of this book felt extremely rushed and bounced from scene to scene, but eventually smoothed out and I started to enjoy the push and pull relationship between Caine and Alexa, but before long the story started to drag. Toward the end things get a bit crazy, in a slightly over the top and unexpected way but I'll admit I love the angst it created. Alexa was a great character, smart and witty and very determined to make Caine see past her last name. Caine on the other hand, lacked depth for me and his secret towards the end seemed a bit ridiculous. I enjoyed Caine's friend, Henry, more than I did him. Overall, I liked Hero, some areas more than others, but even with the things I disliked it was worth the read. 

Fool's Gold (Hearts and Arrows 3.5) by Staci Hart 
ARC provided by author.
Read TB's mini-review for Deer in Headlights HERESnake in the Grass HERE 
and her review of Doe Eyes HERE
Fool's Gold is a wonderful addition to the Hearts and Arrows series. We met Jon and Josie in Doe Eyes were we learned bits and pieces of their past but I loved getting to experience their relationship from that very first look, the flirty banter, to their first date in this novella. Fool's Gold takes place before Doe Eyes but knowing how things play out in the future for Jon and Josie did not distract me from feeling this story. I fell in love with them all over again and I was heartbroken when Hera interfered with their lives. If you loved Jon and Josie in Doe Eyes definitely pick this one up to see how it all started. I see a reread of Does Eyes in my future.
GOODREADS/AMAZON

The Edge of You by Theresa DaLayne
ARC provided by publisher via NetGalley
The Edge of You is a really sweet book. The characters and story were both well-developed. I felt for Jake and Maya and the situations they had to deal with. Their romance was very believable and enjoyable to read about. I'm honestly having a hard time coming up with much more to say about this story. The Edge of You is perfect if you're looking for a quick read to pass the time. It's not extremely memorable, but nevertheless a good read.

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!