Angela reviews Riskier Business by Tessa Bailey

One more game. And this time, there are no rules…

After a life of pool hustling and living on the wrong side of the law, Ruby Elliott is living on the straight and narrow with sexy-as-all-hell NYPD detective, Troy Bennett. Now the only trouble Ruby has with the law is the naughty kind, pinned against the wall by Troy's strict and spectacularly hard body. Obeying his every command. Both of them losing themselves in a lust that borders on obsession...

But then her father returns with an offer she can’t refuse: one last hustle in exchange for information. Information she’d die to have. As the pieces and the players of the game reveal themselves, Troy feels the fine edges of his control slipping—control he can’t channel without hurting Ruby. The stakes are high, and the risk higher. Because losing this final game could cost more than Ruby’s heart…it might cost her life. 
Add to GOODREADS.

Review

Riskier Business is the first book in a new series by one of my favorite authors, Tessa Bailey. However, it is the sequel to Risking it All, from the Line of Duty series. I absolutely devoured the entire Line of Duty series in a matter of a week last year, and I fell in love with both the author and the entire cast of characters. 

While I was excited about this book, Troy and Ruby were not my favorite couple from last year, so I was a little bit worried about how Tessa was going to pull me in and make me love them as a main couple again. I promise, she had me by the third page. It didn’t take long for me to remember their issues and their story, and I was excited to see what was going to happen with them. 

There is no doubt that Tessa makes you fall in love with her characters, Ruby is a strong, independent girl with her own ideas about how things should be. Troy is a highly controlling, Alpha male who needs to take care of Ruby. They clashed in His Risk to Take, but the stakes are even higher now.

“He’d actually forced her to question his feelings? How was such a thing possible, when he needed her just to survive? She was his life."

Ruby’s long absent father returns to make her an offer she doesn’t want to refuse, which totally sets of Troy’s control issues. He just wants to keep Ruby safe. This sets off a chain of events that test their relationship. While there are great plot twists that keep you entertained, and honestly SURPRISED, the main focus in my opinion was the relationship between Ruby and Troy. That is why I LOVED this book, and I give it five stars.  

Purchase


No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!