Top 10 of 2014 - Lea

Top 10

Our Top 10 is chosen from books published in 2014 and does not include any book we have beta read or, in Lea's case, edited.

10.

Puddle Jumping by Amber L. Johnson

9.

Star-Crossed by Luna Lacour
"All I have to say is: read it, absorb it, and know going in that you are in for a beautifully written depiction of a student/teacher romance, with a perfect blend of angst, questionable morals, and yes, even some sexy times."
Read Lea's mini review HERE.

8.

Flat-Out Celeste by Jessica Park

7.

Taut by J.A. Huss
"Ford made me swoon with his eudaemonic measures, and his hopes to garner something more than he ever thought possible. I never swoon. I swear." 
Read Lea's mini review HERE.

6.

Olivia by Lori L. Otto
"Lori ran my heart through the ringer once before, and though she repaired it, I didn’t think she could break it again. I should have known better!"
Read L&B's Triple Review HERE.

5.

Love, in English by Karina Halle
"The heartbreaking love story that Halle intricately weaves, combined with her descriptions of the gorgeous country in which it takes place, are enough to have you readying your passport one second and popping Xanax to quell your anxiety the next."
Read Lea's full review HERE.

4.

Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

3.

Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher

2.

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
"This book wasn't about any insanely crazy, fast-paced, or super sexy plot. It was about humans, doing human things, you know, sometimes they make mistakes and sometimes they change their minds. It felt like truth."
Read our Six Degrees review HERE.

and Lea's top two books of 2014, which tied for #1, are...

Hate: A Love Story by Laurel Ulen Curtis
"This book has it all. Witty banter, emotionally charged yet steamy sexy times, a soap watching wealth of wise advice, and it even had me loving a Celene Dion song."
Read our Four Points review HERE

and

53 Letters for My Lover by Leylah Attar
"This is an epic love story, that transcends time, morals and any freaking kinda code of honor and shit. This is "Bridges of Madison County" meets "The Notebook" kinda stuff. We ignore all discrepancies in behavior for these kinds of loves, and root for what would usually be considered the "bad" guy! It's kinda universal."

Honorable Mentions 

Click photo to be taken to Lea's review, if available, or Goodreads. 

      

Giveaway

Want to win a kindle copy of one of Lea's Top 10 books (including honorable mentions)? 
Winners choice!

Just COMMENT on this post with one of your favorite 2014 reads OR what you're dying to read in 2015! (really any comment will do!)
Please include your email address so we can get up with you if you win!

Winner chosen randomly on 1/11/15!

And make sure to enter the giveaways on each of our top 10 posts!

Kathy's - http://bit.ly/1BANeJD
TB's - http://bit.ly/14s43Ml
Julie's - http://bit.ly/17ma0eR
Danielle's - http://bit.ly/17ma0eR
Angela's - http://bit.ly/1wZiXQ3

11 comments

  1. Wow, my TBR just grew a little bit more. Star Crossed sounds really good. Did you tell me about it, because I don't think you did! I don't really have a favorite read from 2014. There was a lot I loved but I also read various genres and sub-genres so its hard to narrow it down. But after reading Donners of the Dead, you got me reading other Karina Halle books and I wound up falling in love with her books. I still have to read the EiT series but that will be soon. So I hope having a favorite author counts. ;) - Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to say that 53 Letters For My Lover by Leylah Attar is most definitely a favorite of 2014 for me. She did such a fantastic job with that damn book! To me, it was flawless. Shaydah and Troy's story was breathtaking! I highly recommend it! Thanks for the giveaway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Maybe Someday and Ugly Love.
    Djharmony070399@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to Thoughtful by S.C Stephens. My email is melanie2117@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lives and Breathes Book BlogJanuary 12, 2015 at 10:02 AM

      Congrats Melanie! You are our winner! We will be emailing you soon!

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to read Three Two One by JA huss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry email is saraiyaproperties@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Livvy by Lori Otto! Loved the whole series really :)
    Love the list, I added a few of them to my wish list!!

    jessreads4fun@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, in English. I hear it's excellent :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mud Vein was my absolute favorite! I also really enjoyed 53 Letters for My Lover! Both were so wonderful! Great list, Lea!

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome!