TB's Week In Review

What I Read Recently

For Valentine's by Kat Bastion
ARC provided by publisher via NetGalley
Read my mini review for No Weddings HERE, One Funeral HERE, Two Bar Mitzvahs HERE, and Three Christmases HERE.
For Valentine's was a sweet, steamy, and just plain adorable addition to the No Weddings series. It was a nice chance to catch up with Cade and Hannah as they deal with the detours they encounter during Cade's planned Valentine's weekend. Their love shines brighter than ever in this installment and it was the perfect ending for Cade and Hannah's journey!
GOODREADS/AMAZON


Spend the Night I by Elizabeth Lee
ARC provided by author
Elizabeth Lee rocked the socks off this first episode of her new serial, The Hotel Collection. Spend the Night I is sexy and mysterious. I was hooked by the prologue and just kept getting more invested in Hannah and her mystery man by the chapter. Just when I thought I had things all figured out, I started second-guessing myself. While I'm not usually one for serials due to the lack of info and the pacing too quick, that isn't the case here. Lee added the perfect amount of back story to really get a feel for the characters and the story did progress quickly but never once did it feel rushed or lacking. This is one serial I KNOW I'll keep reading, I have to know who 'Him' is!

Conceit by Alana Albertson
ARC provided by publisher via NetGalley
Conceit follows Mia as she goes undercover to free her brother from a crime he didn't commit. And when I say undercover, I mean she takes drastic measures to ensure no other SEAL on her brother's team will recognize her, including her ex, Grant. This is a quick read as it is the first episode in the Se7en Deadly SEALS series. There's a lot of information thrown at you and just when the story feels like it is progressing of course it's over. I'm not sure how I feel about Mia or Grant yet, I didn't get to know them well enough in this episode. But I am intrigued by the mystery surrounding what really happened to land her brother in jail.  Parts of this story felt a bit over the top, but I'm willing to keep reading to see how things play out.

Her Sexy Sentinel by Jenn Burke
ARC provided by publisher via NetGalley
Releases Jan. 26
I was looking for something different to read, something with a little magic maybe, so I started my ARC of Her Sexy Sentinel. With it, I did get that something different I was looking for, as well as some magic too. One night Callie unleashes a power she never knew she had and turns to Derrick, the man that broke her heart years before. Everything happens quickly in this story and the next thing Callie knows she is the new Magus in the community. With Derrick as her Knight, their attraction is stronger than ever and ever harder to ignore. This book easily kept my interest with its quick pace and the twists every few pages. There were times I felt aspects of the magic weren't explained well enough, but I've read enough paranormal to be able to understand it and follow the story. I liked both Callie and Derrick but I wish their back-story had been a bit more developed, I didn't feel their chemistry until after they were bonded. Nevertheless, Her Sexy Sentinel was an action-packed, entertaining read.

2 comments

  1. I've read a few excerpts from Spend the Night and I really want to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great quick read! Episode II just came out also! :)

      Delete

All comments welcome!