TB Reviews Path of Destruction by E. Lee and C. Quinn

They ignored the warning signs and it cost them everything... 

At the end of a life-changing summer a devastating tornado hit the small town of Hope’s Grove, Oklahoma.

While the brick suburban mansions of Summit Bluffs saw very little damage, their occupants weren’t so lucky. As the members of both communities struggle to put the pieces of their lives back together, lies will be told, truths will be revealed, and nothing will ever be the same. The road to recovery is long and paved with past hurts and future heartbreaks.

They ignored the warning signs, and one of them didn’t make it out alive. The four that remain know they’d be crazy to think the storms are actually over.. 

Because it’s just when you think you’re safe that you find yourself right in the path of destruction.
Add to GOODREADS.
ARC provided by authors.
Read TB's review for Storm Warning HERE.

Review

#TeamHayden still. #TeamHayden always. 

“There was a lot of things that he wished he could change, but people were dead, lives were destroyed, hearts were broken, and he didn’t possess the power to change any of those things.”

I thought I was a mess after Storm Warning, but Path of Destruction left even more devastation behind. Saying I was nervous going into this book is an understatement, I knew E. Lee and C. Quinn were going to put my heart and nerves through the wringer and they definitely succeeded there.

Path of Destruction picked up right at the end of Storm Warning and it didn't take long to find out which one of the five main characters we'd come to love lost their life in the tornado that plowed through Hope's Grove. From that point on my heart was broken as I watched everyone else try to deal with their grief. I can't say much about individual story lines, since I don't want to give away who died. But all the remaining characters were affected by this death in some way.

I wasn't only heartbroken during this book, I was extremely frustrated by the actions of a few characters, I was shocked where romance blossomed, I was angry at the parents that couldn't see what their children were going through, and every turn of the page had me anxious to know what would happen next. There did come a point that I felt things stalled a bit and I was wanting things to move along, but in no time I was thrown back into the story and all too quickly left with a cliff hanger that has me clamoring for more. At this point, I have no clue what's to come for these teens. I just know I want everyone to get the happiness they deserve.

Yet again, Lee and Quinn have woven together an emotional tale that includes four distinct points of view. While I love some individual characters more than others, I love getting the story through more than one person's eyes. Although there were times in Path of Destruction that the timeline confused me when switching from one POV to the next. Even though this book was riddled with grief and pain, it was a necessity for these characters to move forward and now I can't wait to see what the future holds for them.

"Since the storm everything inside her had hurt, twisting and clutching and reminding her of all the pain, but this, this burned everything right out of there cleansing like a fire clearing the debris of her painful memories."

Purchase

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!