Julie's Week In Review

What I Read Recently

Outlaw by Nicole James
This book is one of those that I did like but I just didn't love it. It didn't give me that 'wow' factor that I like so much in books.
I loved Cole and he was definitely a hero by saving Angel after she had been tortured and rape. He was really her knight in shining armor in how he took her under his wing to protect her.
Angel was definitely an innocent girl and didn't know anything about the MC world. My only problem with Angel was that I didn't feel connected to her character. I wanted a little more from her so that I could be able to understand her a little more.
Cole was one tough badass who stopped at nothing to take care of his club and give Angel the protection she needed. I loved how hard he could be at times but yet how sweet he could be with Angel when he needed to be. I am loving the other bikers as well and am ready to dig into more of this series.

Crash by Nicole James
After reading the first book in this series, I knew I had to quickly dive into this one and I wasn't disappointed. Crash just blew me away and I'm loving him!!
Years ago, Shannon had been saved by the Evil Dead MC and we learned she was rich and spoiled. When her life is endangered, she comes to the MC for protection and Crash is the one to do it. He takes her into his house and the war is on! I loved seeing them bickering and trying to put up with each other. He's a tough biker and she's a rich and pampered girl. 
Even though they are from completely different worlds, nothing can deny that attraction and the heat is definitely hot! I loved Crash in that he could be so tough but yet so sweet. I loved seeing Shannon being knocked down a peg from her rich and spoiled ways. Their relationship is certainly one that I loved and I'm loving this MC!

Shades by Nicole James
I think this book is my favorite of the series so far! Shades and Skylar had a past that they both never seemed to get over no matter how hard they tried.
Shades and Skylar were young loves who were separated for years until she turned up needing help from a rival MC who was after her. It seems she was in the wrong place at the wrong time and her life is put in danger.
You can feel the sparks fly as soon as they both lay their eyes on each other and I'm pulling for them from start to finish. You can tell they have both been hurt and they can't deny their feelings they still have for each other. I love seeing how much Shades goes through in order to protect her and be the guy she needs. It doesn't take away from his big bad biker persona and I fell for him so fast! I'm waiting impatiently for more of this series!

Bite and Release by Cory Cyr
Bite and Release is one of those books that I'm torn about. I liked it but I didn't love it. There were some parts that seemed slow to me and I just wanted to fast forward and move it on a little.
Ryan had left Alaska to try and make a life for herself. When she returned for her father's funeral, it was hard for me to believe that she wouldn't have come back sooner. Then, seeing Shea, the boy she used to babysit, who was no longer a boy, I was so frustrated that she kept teetering back and forth about her feelings. I just wanted to say make a decision already. I understand she was 13 years older and that didn't bother me at all.
Poor Shea had such a hard life but his love for Ryan kept him going all those years. My heart broke for what that poor boy had to endure and I did like that he had loved her for so long. But then, when her secret came out, I didn't care much for the way he handled it. Isn't love supposed to conquer all? By the end, I did feel like that was rushed because it wrapped up so quickly.
I did love Ryan and Shea once they finally got their act together and I just fell in love with Shea myself!

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!