TB's Week In Review

What I Read Recently

Beneath This Mask by Meghan March
ARC provided by publisher via NetGalley
First I just have to say that I LOVE this cover, absolutely beautiful. And the story inside is beautiful too! I really enjoyed Beneath this Mask, once I started reading I didn't want to put this book down. Charlie Stone is hiding from her past, falling for someone that could out her secrets isn't the smartest, but she can't resist Simon Duchesne. Charlie had an interesting story, it was different and I liked how everything with her past played out. It wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. Simon has his own troubles, but he never lets them deter his relationship with Charlie. I loved Simon, he was just a good guy and I loved how patient he was when it came to Charlie's secrets. Beneath This Mask was a well-crafted story, it flowed seamlessly from one scene to the next never dwelling too long or moving too quickly. It read with such ease. March has given us an impressive story that's also sexy and emotional and introduces a wonderful cast of characters. I can't wait to read more of her work and I'm excited to get Con's story next!
"I was naive to think I could escape my past. Losing Simon would be my penance, and when that happened, memories like this would be all I had left."

The Education of Alice Wells by Sara Wolf
The Education of Alice Wells is a likable book. I wasn't blown away with it or anything, but I liked it for the most part. Alice Wells is the smart girl on campus, she's never really had a life outside of her studies, but she decides it's time for a boyfriend, and she has her eyes on a certain someone. But Alice doesn't know how to flirt, or really anything about dating or men. So of course she gets resident bad-boy, Ranik Mason, to tutor her. Alice and Ranik had great chemistry and it was easy to tell where this story was headed early on, I just wasn't sure how it would get there. They were entertaining and quite adorable together when it comes to their lessons, but I eventually wanted to shake Alice for not seeing what was right in front of her and Ranik for continuing to be the bad boy (that's just a personal pet peeve of mine). In the beginning, I found Ranik's dialogue to be very real and true to character, but it ended up grating on my nerves as the book went on. While his dialogue irritated me, I actually enjoyed Alice's robotic-like demeanor, it suited her. I found the ending to be a bit rushed after a slow start. Overall, while I had issues with certain aspects, The Education of Alice Wells was still a cute and pretty light read.

Path of Destruction by E. Lee & C. Quinn
Full review to come!
GOODREADS/AMAZON (pre-order)


No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!