REVIEW: HOLD MY HEART BY ESTHER M. SOTO

On a manhunt for a serial killer, FBI Special Agent Ileana Harper falls through a break in time, ripping her from the present and everything she knows. After forming an uneasy alliance with the man who comes to her rescue, she unearths long-buried family secrets. Spiraling out of control, she clings to memories of Tommy, her partner and best friend of eight years, to keep her sane, fearful she may never see him again.

FBI Special Agent Tommy Colton relies on Ileana to keep him grounded; she’s the closest thing he’s ever had to love in his life. When Ileana disappears, leaving no trace, he falls apart. Without her beside him, Tommy is about to face the biggest challenge of his career, if not his life.

While trying to find a way home, Ileana races to determine the killer’s identity and discovers he might be closer than she realized. Will she risk everything to catch him, or sacrifice justice to find her way back to Tommy before it’s too late?
Add to GOODREADS.
ARC provided by author. 

Review

Hold My Heart first captured my attention with that beautiful cover, and then with its prologue. It was just enough to have me wondering what I had gotten myself into. Usually, I shy away from fantasy or paranormal, preferring a more realistic approach. But lately, I've been disenchanted with reading, tired of the same type of story, over and over again. I've been craving creativity and a different approach. Reading the prologue, I knew I was going to get just that. After finishing the first chapter, I had a strong feeling I was going to love this book. What I didn't expect was to be so consumed by this story. 

Esther M. Soto amazed me with her creativity and character depth in Hold My Heart. It is obvious that she spent hours drafting a timeline for this book and connecting all the dots in the story.  Every word and action each of these characters make is significant. This book is so much more than a romance.  It is a story about finding yourself, love and destiny. Fate is a funny thing. Have you ever wondered about the what if's in your life?  What if I would have ended up with my first love?  What if my parents wouldn't have met?  I know I have.  It kind of funny how destiny plays such a huge part in each our lives.  I know it is only human to wonder if our present and future would be the same if we  have made different choices.  Would we be happier, more successful or would our lives have ended up the same.  Every action we take determines our future and Ileana is about to learn this firsthand.

 While searching for a serial killer, Ileana is ripped from the present and sent back to a time when things were much different.  The strong and determined Ileana starts to question everything she knows about herself.  Ileana was raised by a selfish and unloving mother.  Instead of dwelling on her unfortunate upbringing, she takes control of her life and focuses on a career.  Ileana is one of the most humble characters I have ever read.  She is badass but uses her job as more of a shield, and is completely unaware of how desirable she is.  She has spent so many years closing herself off and just existing that she has yet to really enjoy life and appreciate the few relationships she has developed. While in the past and with the help of a stranger, she learns a lot more about herself than she ever expected. What,  you ask?  Well you will have to pick this one up and discover for yourself.

Step out of your comfort zone like I did and fall in love with the characters of this book. I promise you won't regret it! I'm completely in love with them and I can't wait for the next part of the series.  I have no idea which direction Esther M. Soto is going to go and honestly, I don't care. I just want more.

Purchase Links

Giveaway

Leave a comment to enter to win a $2.99 amazon ebook of your choice!
Winner picked 12/5 around 6pm!

6 comments

  1. I've never read anything like this. I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Blog look! Also, I agree. I'm intrigued by this book and I really like the cover design. I've just put it on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving this book... SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks interesting. I'll add it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking forward to reading this book soon and your review made me want to start reading it right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely review! Gorgeous cover caught my attention and your review made me intrigued. I think I am going to add this to my TBR list :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome!