Julie's Week In Review

What I Read Recently 

Captivated by You by Sylvia Day
I was hooked on Gideon Cross in the first book of this series and I think I fell in love with him even more. With alternating povs, I loved getting inside of his head and seeing how he was feeling.

Gideon may be rich, sexy as hell, but he is one tortured soul. My heart just broke for him and what he was dealing with. I felt bad for Eva because no matter how hard she tried, you could still feel his pain, along with hers as well. But no matter what he was going through, his love for Eva never fails but can they escape his past and will their relationship survive? I went through so many emotions in this book but the heat between them is still scorching!

With that being said, I did feel like it did drag at some points throughout the book. I just wanted to move it along and stop dwelling on some things. I was still hooked, don't get me wrong, but at points, it was lagging for me. I am still hooked on this series and am wanting more of Gideon and Eva!

True Blue by Jules Barnard
I have quickly become a fan of this series and I was so glad to get Tyler's book.

We met Tyler in the first book Deep Blue and he was so mysterious to me. He had showed up to live with his sister and no one seemed to know anything about him. He had left town and making something with his life, and all of a sudden he was back home. I was so curious as to what happened to him and why he was mooching off of his sister.

We also met Mira, who in this book you get more detail of how she was so attached to Lewis. This poor girl had such a sad past and it seems her past wouldn't let her go.

In the previous books, you could really feel that sexual tension and I was so glad to get their back story and see everything that happened between them. One thing I love about this series is that the previous characters are intermingled into this book and you feel like you are hanging out with friends. This is a fast read and I finished it in one sitting and if you're looking for a light series, I recommend this one.

Maybe Not by Colleen Hoover
I've always been a fan of Colleen Hoover's since the first book I read of hers. So, I really loved getting Warren's story.

When Bridgette becomes Warren's new roommate, he is immediately attracted to her and wants her BAD! Bridgette was definitely one girl that was so hard to figure out and she was so cold with Warren. He knew he wanted her in his bed but boy did he have his work cut out for him trying to break down her walls.

I loved the humor in this book and Warren was hilarious. I loved seeing his pranks but Bridgette gave as good as she got. I loved seeing her defenses break down and how they learned to want more than just casual sex. This book kept me entertained and as much as I did like it, it just wasn't one of my favorites. With that being said, nothing will deter me from being a big fan of Colleen's!

Forever With Me by Kristen Proby
Oh, how I love this series and didn't want it to end. However, it couldn't have been more perfect!

We met Dominic in the previous books and knew he was not a member of the original family. He was brought into their family and was quickly loved and doted on. He is hot, sexy, and quite the businessman with his vineyard.

When Alecia is hired to plan a family wedding, Dominic can't deny his attraction he feels for her. She owns her own event planning business and thinks she doesn't have time for a man. Until Dominic. His persistent ways quickly bring her to her knees. Always one to believe she can never be loved, Dominic quickly proves her wrong.

In the previous books, I never felt a connection to Dominic so I was so glad to get his book and I just fell for him completely! Dominic and Alecia are definitely quite the pair that I just loved.

One thing I love about this series is that each couple from book one and after are brought into each book and you feel like you're right there with them. Also, we all know that when the girls get together drinking, it's one hilarious and fun time! They are hilarious and they are one family you won't soon forget. This was a great ending to this series and I'm sad to see it go.

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!