Danielle's Week In Review

What I Read Recently

Perfect Chaos by Nashoda Rose
Arc provided by publisher via Netgalley
Perfect Chaos is a standalone spinoff from the Tear Asunder series. I was a little worried, having not read the previous books that I would be lost. That was not the case at all but I do wish I would have read the previous books before diving into this one though. I think I would have had more of a connection to the characters. I still very much enjoyed this book. I'll just have to back track and pick up the previous books now!

Perfect Chaos encompassed all the traits I look for in a thriller romance. It was well paced, mysterious and sexy as hell. I loved the story. The sex wasn't overwhelming but it was steaming hot! There was no unnecessary drama which I really appreciated! I liked all the characters. Each one serves a purpose in the story. I'm not sure who I liked more, Georgie or Deck! They are both so different. Georgie was something else though! She was funny and a huge pain in Deck's ass. She made me laugh, and at times she comes across as a joke but her character is actually quite complex. Deck, well he was hot! He was the perfection combination of alpha and caring. I loved the dynamic of their relationship. Once I started this one, I couldn't put it down. I loved all the twists and turns and I can't wait to read the next book in the series! This may have been my first Nashoda Rose book but it won't be the last.

A Christmas to Remember
Arc provided by publisher via Netgalley
A Christmas To Remember is a great collection of short stories celebrating the holiday season in some of the most popular romance series. Each story can be read as a stand alone. I picked this one up because of Kristen Ashley! I love her work and was very excited about reading the novella "Every Year". I was not disappointed at all! Every Year is about the Chaos saga of Shy and his brother Landon from Own the Wind. These brothers have had trouble over the years dealing with the death of their parents and this is the first Christmas in a long time that they are looking forward to. Tabby and her family are determined to make sure these two feel like family and enjoy the day as much as the little ones do! I loved every page! It was cute and sweet. I loved being able to visit with the Chaos family again and it was exactly how I pictured these bad ass men celebrating Christmas! I would pick this book up because of Kristen Ashley alone but I was very surprised how much I enjoyed several of the other novellas in the book. I think I may have a few more authors I need to check out!

Baby, It's Cold Outside
Arc provided by publisher via Netgalley
Baby, It's Cold outside is a Christmas anthology made up of short stories by Jennifer Probst, Emma Chase, Kristen Proby, Melody Anne, and debut author Kate Meader.  Since I was familiar with several of these authors, I was really excited to read this one.  Each story can be read quickly and they were all very enjoyable and equally hot!  It was the perfect collection of novellas to read when I was short on time or between books.  I'm not sure which one was my favorite but I'm looking forward to reading more work by the authors that I wasn't familiar with.  So if it's cold outside and you are looking for a little sizzle, pick up this collection of short stories!  

Slow Hand by Victoria Vane
Arc provided by publisher via Netgalley
This is my very first Victoria Vane book, and I have to say I'm looking forward to the next book in this series. I enjoyed her writing style. I loved how descriptive she is. I could almost picture Montana and its beautiful landscape. While I enjoyed the book and finished it, I thought the story as a whole was a little rushed. Typically, I enjoy a little bit more drawn out story. But I loved the hero so I couldn't put the book down. Wade is a rugged yet refined Cowboy. He was totally swoon worthy! I can honestly say he was the best part of the book because I wasn't too found of Nikki. She really grated on my nerves, but the more I thought about it, I had to remind myself if I were in her position, I would be the same way since this is a fast paced story. These two only spend a short time together and things get intense quickly. Overall, I enjoyed Slow Hand. It was a quick, sweet, entertaining, and sexy read.

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!