TB's Week In Review

What I Read Recently

Finding You by Elizabeth Lee
ARC provided by author
Read TB's review for Escaping Me HERE.
I met Mallory in Escaping Me and had been patiently waiting for her story ever since. And now that I’ve finally gotten it, I was not disappointed.  Mallory heads out on her own to find her father, but she ends up finding so much more. Boone is a pro-golfer that has stepped away from the game due to a tragic event in his past. Initially, he wants nothing to do with his new neighbor, Mallory, but it isn't long before these two are drawn to one another. I love Mallory, she’s sassy and wild, she goes for what she wants, but we see a vulnerable side of her as well. I was intrigued by Boone from his very first appearance and soon completely fell for him. The relationship between Boone and Mallory turns into more than either of them expected, I love these two together, but Mallory is carrying around a secret that could potentially tear them apart. I would have liked more from the father story line of the book. While I enjoyed it; it came together almost too smoothly. Overall, Finding you is a sexy and flirty read with a bit of drama in the mix. It was great catching up with Whitney and Cole from Escaping Me as well.
"I'd known she was a firecracker from the get go, but the way she was acting - as is she had no sense of self worth or consequence - had me thinking she was more like a stick of dynamite hell bent on self destruction."

Two Bar Mitzvahs by Kat Bastion
ARC provided by publisher via NetGalley
Read TB's review of No Weddings HERE and One Funeral HERE.
This series just keeps getting better and better! This one picks right where One Funeral ended, but this time we’re given Cade’s POV once again and I couldn’t have been happier. I’ve read many male perspectives in books, but Cade is one of my favorites, there’s something about his thoughts that feel a little more realistic than most. Cade and Hannah are finally in an established relationship and things are going smoothly for them, until an unexpected blast from Cade’s past enters the picture. This story kept me on my toes; I never knew what was going to be thrown at this couple next or how things would get handled. Each of their reactions to situations, whether right or wrong, are very realistic, making me love them both even more. While there are struggles for Cade and Hannah in this book, we still get their easy and sexy banter. There’s a perfect balance between the drama these two face and the romance and humor I’ve come to love. I will say Two Bar Mitzvahs was the first in the series that I felt certain scenes were rushed and jumped from thing to thing too quickly. At times I would have liked the pacing to slow down just a bit, but otherwise this is a wonderful addition to the series, possibly even my favorite thus far!

Filthy Beautiful Love by Kendall Ryan
Read TB's mini review for Filthy Beautiful Lies, in her Week In Review, HERE.
I liked Filthy Beautiful Lies, so I was anxious to read this one after the cliff we were left with, but Filthy Beautiful Love did not live up to my expectations. I was left feeling very underwhelmed. The drama I had anticipated wasn't there. Everything came together too smoothly for Colton and Sophie, there was very little conflict and at times scenes came across as cheesy to me. I found myself skimming often. Then something major happened that I wasn’t expecting, but as emotional as it could have been, I didn’t feel anything. Filthy Beautiful Love just fell flat in every area for me. I do still plan to read about Colton's brothers, Pace and Collins, I am curious to see what's in store for them.

Searching for Someday by Jennifer Probst
Review copy provided by publisher via NetGalley
Read Kathy's review HERE.
Searching for Someday is cute. It was a fun and easy read. Kate is a professional matchmaker with a special touch. Slade is a divorce lawyer and her new client who doesn't believe in love. I enjoyed both of these characters, Kate was someone I would want to be friends with, she’s ambitious and strong. Slade may have been rude and condensing to begin with, but he has the best intentions, he just wants to look out for his sister. The story had a fairly simple plot. No major twist or angst. It did start to drag in the middle as Kate and Slade kept denying the magic between them, but picked back up quickly enough to not deter me from enjoying the story. Probst writes in a way that easily draws you in and rooting for the main couple. And she does a wonderful job balancing the sexy with the sweet. I look forward to reading more in this series. Although I do hope the rest have better epilogues, while the idea behind Searching for Someday’s was cute, it didn't work for me.

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!