TB's Week In Review

What I Read Recently

Ruining Mr. Perfect by Marie Harte
ARC provided by publisher via NetGalley
Read TB's mini review for The Troublemaker Next Door and How to Handle a Heartbreaker HERE.
I met Vanessa and Cameron in the past McCauley Brother books and knew right from the get-go these two were meant to be, even if it took them a little while to get there. It didn’t take long into Ruining Mr. Perfect for these two to admit their attraction to one another and start a relationship, much to my surprise. I was very happy to find that Vanessa was open to a relationship with Cameron, I had worried she would be an “I don’t need a man” type of woman; instead she’s an “I am always right” type of woman. I believe this is my favorite couple of the series so far, their intelligence and easy banter is highly entertaining, making them feel like the perfect match. I also liked that they didn’t have too much drama, was there some problems for them? Of course, but their reactions to them felt natural for their personalities and not over the top. If you’ve been reading this series you know things have been on the rocks for another McCauley couple, the beloved Beth and James. Those McCauley boys love their parents and worry so much about them; I loved seeing them do whatever they could to help fix their parent’s broken relationship. Ruining Mr. Perfect is sexy (very, very sexy) and smart and just a great addition to this already enjoyable series. 

Breaking Free by L.L. Collins
Yes, I am aware this is the last book in the Living Again series. And no I haven’t read any of the others in this series. I heard about this book from a friend and decided to read it since I enjoy YA and I wanted to see how the topics of this story were handled. I was impressed with how easy it was for me to come into this story blind of the past books and not become confused. There were times I could tell things hinted at situations in the past books, but never did I feel as if I were missing vital information. This is a very heartfelt book. Alexis starts her freshman year in college and finds a friend in her new lab partner, Greer. Greer has Aspergers. Things are difficult for him, but he wants to try new things for Alexis. Their story is sweet and tender. Alexis sees Greer for who he is, not his Aspergers and Greer’s strength amazed me at every turn. The writing style didn’t quite connect me fully to the emotions in the story but I enjoyed Breaking Free, as it is a very touching story. 
GOODREADS/AMAZON

What I'm Reading Now

Finding You by Elizabeth Lee
ARC provided by author
Available 10/20 

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!