TB's Week In Review

What I Read Recently

One Funeral by Kat Bastion
ARC provided by publisher via NetGalley.
Read my review for No Weddings (Book 1) HERE.
I am so enjoying this series! It's fun and flirty and sweet and sexy. We're getting to see a relationship from the beginning grow and change as the couple handles hurdles together and their relationship progresses. One Funeral picks right up where No Weddings left us. And we soon see Cade and Hannah go from their first date to therapy to non-dating and more.  While No Weddings was told from Cade's POV, Bastion switched it up this time giving us Hannah's instead. At first I missed being inside Cade's head but I ending up loving getting her side of the story. She’s just as entertaining and lovable as Cade and it also allowed me to better understand her past. These two have such a great friendship and I love the way they are slowly taking things further. Another thing I enjoy about this series is how important their careers are, well mainly Hannah’s. Her bakery means the world to her and it’s nice to see how driven she is to succeed. Cade helps runs several businesses but I can’t to see what his focus will be now that he has finished his degree. It was great to catch up with the rest of the characters in One Funeral, as well as meet a few new ones. Now that things with Cade and Hannah are official I’m anxious to see where things go for the two of them in Two Bar Mitzvahs! 

Burying Water by K.A. Tucker
I loved Burying Water; the romance and the intrigue. K.A. Tucker has written a book that I couldn’t put down and ended up reading in one sitting. With chapters alternating between the past and the present and between a man that knows everything and woman who doesn’t even know her name, Burying Water was intricately put together. While the past is slowly revealed, we’re pushing forward into the future curious to how this story went from point a to point b. That information is dwindled out slowly and none too soon. This story was executed brilliantly in my opinion. Burying Water is easily one of the best books I've read so far this year with its unique plot and interesting characters. And K.A. Tucker has secured a spot near the top of my favorite authors list.
GOODREADS/AMAZON

Hate: A Love Story by Laurel Ulen Curtis
ARC provided by author
Hopefully we'll be getting a Take Five together for this one in the next week or so! But I will say that I loved this story and hate that it's over. Definitely add it to your TBR list! It'll be out 10/14!
GOODREADS

What I'm Reading Soon

Two Bar Mitzvahs by Kat Bastion
GOODREADS/AMAZON (Pre-order)

Ruining Mr. Perfect by Marie Hart
I'm excited to get back to this series!

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!