Julie Reviews Seduced by Stratton by Katy Regnery

"Seduced by Stratton" is the fourth of six books about the Philadelphia-based, wildly-handsome English brothers who are all on the look-out for love.

Stratton English, the hottest, youngest, most devastatingly handsome CFO in Philadelphia, has a problem: women make him nervous. Really nervous. Catastrophically nervous. Socially awkward to an extreme, he’s apt to blurt out the first thing that comes to mind, and it’s rarely something a woman wants to hear. Quietly in love with his neighbor, Amy, he has no idea how to make his move, but he is committed to figuring out a way to seduce her.

Valeria Campanile, who Stratton knows through one of his four brothers, is a PhD candidate who moonlights as a dance instructor on the side. Ironically, even though Val studies Courtship Rituals, she can’t seem to find herself courted. Pursued by boys from the “old neighborhood” who promise to overlook the fact that she’s so smart, she longs to meet someone who romances her mind as well as her heart.

When Stratton helps Valeria with a financial problem, she is anxious to return the favor. But will Stratton, who needs Val’s expertise to win Amy, find himself seducing Val instead? 
Add to GOODREADS.
ARC provided by author
Read Julie's review for Breaking Up With Barrett HERE.
Read Julie's review for Falling for Fitz HERE.
Read Julie's review for Anyone but Alex HERE

Review

Seduced by Stratton is the fourth book in the English Brothers’ Series and this one was a long awaited one for me. As we met Stratton in the first three books, he was quite the mysterious fellow in that he was always alone. Even with his hot and sexy looks, being highly educated, and quite wealthy, we never saw him with a woman in either of the previous books. 

But, I must say that he was well worth the wait. I was up late finishing this book and I do believe I was drooling over him by the time I finished this book. He’s such a perfect gentleman and a romantic at heart. I was literally just swooning during many parts of this book. 

“I can’t stop thinking about you. I can’t stop dreaming about you. There’s no moment left in my day that doesn’t belong to you. You are an endless loop in my head. My heart literally aches for you. It’s real because I press my hand to my chest to relieve the pain, but all I can do is stare up at the ceiling and remember what it felt like to wake up with you in my arms.” - Stratton 

We met Val in book one, Breaking Up With Barrett. She was Emily’s roommate and had met Stratton once before. She knew she was attracted to him and she thought he felt the same. It seemed every time she would ‘make her move’, he always ran. He seemed so insecure and so shy but as the book continued, we found out that his heart was already taken, but was it the real thing? 

“I didn’t know it before I met you, Val… but I was waiting for you. I was looking for you. I was hoping for you. All along.” - Stratton 

As Stratton finds himself helping Val professionally, they find themselves spending more time together and they certainly cannot deny that attraction!! As much as he tries to fight it, I admire Val for not taking no for an answer. One of the many things I do love about Stratton is that he has no filter when it comes to women. He’s insecure and basically blurts out what he feels and luckily for Val, she’s not the least bit intimidated by him. I love seeing him learn to open up his heart and want to find love. He knows he has to overcome his feelings for his current love before he can move forward with Val. But, will he be too late? Will she wait for him? It’s all revealed in this book!! 

Val is sassy and pretty much an open book while Stratton is reserved and quiet. Val is studying to be a professor and really seems to understand so much about Stratton that others don’t. Together, they seem to be the perfect blend and just what the other one needs to balance out each other. They compliment each other beautifully. 

Since the first book in this series, I have become quite attached to this series and really hate knowing that the next book will be the last English brother. With each book, you get each couple intermingled into the current book so you feel like you’re a part of their family by the time each book ends. I think if Katy had twenty brothers in this series, I still wouldn’t want them to end. These books are well written and easy to understand. They are sexy with the right amount of drama, with a little humor added into the mix. If you haven’t read this series, I highly recommend this series with 4 stars for this book. By the time you get to this book, you will feel like you have been Seduced by Stratton and ALL of the English brothers!!

Purchase

Available 11/4

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!