Julie Reviews The Scars That Define Us by M.N. Forgy

The Devil's Dust MC has a list of new threats to the club's lifestyle. Dani, to prove her loyalty, is trying to embrace a part of herself that she never knew existed until now. A sinful beast lurking beneath her surface has been awakened and is ready to eliminate anyone that stands in its way. Looking at her stained hands, she rinses the blood from them. She resigns herself to innocence lost and welcomes her thirst for more blood.

After a breathtaking turn of events, Shadow is looking at life in a different perspective. Not knowing who he can trust or who he can forgive has left him feeling desolate and alone. As Shadow is laying behind his rifle, he wonders if he can pull the trigger to eliminate the threat. He takes a deep breath and squeezes the trigger, the rifle recoil ignites the fuel that drives him.

Retaliations will be required.

Boundaries will be shattered.

Redemption will be lost.

Betrayal so deep, yet they still yearn for one another. Can Shadow overlook Dani’s transgressions? Can Dani overlook the mistrust that Shadow has placed upon her?
Add to GOODREADS.
Read Julie's mini review for What Doesn't Destroy Us, in her Week In Review, HERE.

ARC provided by author.

Review

The Scars That Define Us is the sequel to What Doesn’t Destroy Us and if you haven’t read it first, then it’s a must to be able to understand this book. It picks up right where book one ended where Dani was pulled away from Shadow and the club, looking as if she was a traitor. 

As much as I loved the first one, I never imagined the sequel could be just as amazing. There’s violence, heartache, and this book pulled me in and I just couldn’t put it down. The suspense was killing me all the way to the end! 

There seem to be so many MC books popping up in the book world and it’s getting harder and harder to find the ones that will rock your world. Being a few of my favorites are Joanna Wylde and Madeline Sheehan, M.N. has quickly been added to that list. 

This books starts with Dani returning and standing outside the club, not knowing if she’s doing the right thing or not. I must say I was even nervous for her and anxious to see what was going to happen to her. I didn’t know if she would be shot or welcomed back with open arms. Her mom had really fooled the club with her betrayal and completely shredded Dani and Shadow’s relationship. Her mom showed her true colors in this book, and I found myself wanting to just slap the damn woman. 

“Nothing can numb the pain she caused. She broke me beyond repair. My fucking firefly threw me into a darkness I can’t escape.” - Shadow 

We all know from reading book one that trust didn’t come easily for Shadow. He had a rough life and never let anyone into his heart or soul. But, from the moment he laid eyes on Dani, he knew she was different and opened up to her, but his trust was completely destroyed when she left. I felt bad for Dani and Shadow. He was left so broken, while Dani knew she had a fight on her hands to get back into his life. I must say it wasn’t an easy road for her and at times, I think I would have just given up. Dani was persistent but Shadow isn’t one to give a second chance. Will their relationship survive? Will he forgive her? All of the answers are in this book!! 

“Mine and Dani’s relationship is no love story with some happily ever after. What we have is real. It’s dark and it hurts. Dani is angelic on the outside, but she’s an angel with black wings. She’s my hell and my heaven.” – Shadow 

There’s so much angst in this book and the suspense will leave you sitting on the edge of your seat, plus the heat is scorching!! I loved getting inside the club scene and there are so many emotions involved in this book. The characters make you feel like you’re a part of the club. M.N. really amazes me at how well she can make you feel like you are watching all of the action take place live. The scenes are so believable and some parts will really make you cringe. I commend M.N. for another great book! This is a must read and a definite 5 stars for me. I need more of this series!!

Pre-Order

Out 10/31!

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!