Julie Reviews Come to Me Softly by A.L. Jackson

From the New York Times bestselling author of Come to Me Quietly comes a scorching new adult romance in the Closer to You series.

A second chance at life…A second chance at love…

Jared Holt never thought he deserved either—until he found both in the arms of Aly Moore. Aly has loved Jared for as long as she can remember, and she’s more than ready for the future they’re making together. But Jared can’t help remembering his own family. And he’ll never forgive himself for what happened to them. How can he allow himself the very happiness he once destroyed? 

To live a life worthy of Aly, Jared knows he has to stop running and finally put his past to rest. But when he decides to face his demons head on, he encounters more than he bargained for: a dangerous mix of jealousy, lies, and dishonest intentions. When those intentions threaten Aly, Jared loses all control, giving into the rage that earned him his bad boy reputation years before. And he’ll fight to protect her no matter what it costs…even if he destroys himself in the process.
Add to GOODREADS
Read Julie's review for Come to Me Quietly HERE

Review

Come To Me Softly is the follow up to Come To Me Quietly and picks up where book one ended so it's a must to read book one. 

Jared comes back to Aly but he is still trying so hard to fight his demons. It's not an easy road for him and it really breaks my heart seeing him want to move on with Aly but yet feeling like he doesn't deserve any happiness. 

“I always thought I’d be her ruin. But right then, I was pretty sure she’d be mine. My faultless demise. Because I’d suffer for her. Bear all her burden and her blame. Would gladly die for her. The most terrifying part of it all was that I was willing to live for her.” - Jared 

We get more into his emotions in this book and at times, it is so heartbreaking. You can feel how much he is struggling and you can feel the love he has for Aly, especially knowing that she has been by his side for so many years. She is very patient with him and I love seeing how much she tries to fight for Jared but yet knows she has to give him his space for him to be able to move on. 

“You are my life…my future.” – Jared 

I feel like Jared really grew as this book progressed and I really like how he knows he has to confront his past before he can move toward a future with Aly. He's not only broken, but I love seeing how he knows he loves Aly and wants to put her first but yet he doesn't know how to move on. I also fell in love with Aly's brother and how he tries to protect her from getting her heart broken and is there for her throughout the entire book. 

I really loved Jared and Aly and hated to see their story end!

Purchase


No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!