Julie Reviews Anyone but Alex by Katy Regnery

"Anyone but Alex" is the third of six books about the Philadelphia-based, wildly-handsome English brothers who are all on the look-out for love.

(Sort of. Barrett and Fitz are officially off the market, Alex has sampled every piece of available ass from Rittenhouse Square to the Liberty Bell, Stratton can’t seem to see what’s right in front of him, and don't even get me started on Alex Pettyfer look-alike, Weston...)

Alex English, the well-known man whore of the country club set, has always preferred to play the field, eschewing a chance with Miss Right for a satisfying quickie with Miss Right-Now. But after seeing his two older brothers take the plunge, something has been aching inside of Alex, and no amount of casual sex seems to fill the void in his heart.

Jessica Winslow, whose older brothers are best friends with the English brothers, has returned home from a fifteen-year stay in England, only to find herself face-to-face with her childhood crush, Alex English, on her first night home. She’s heard all the rumors, but Jessie remembers the older boy who was so kind to her as a child, and can’t help reaching out to Alex in friendship.

Between disapproving brothers, scheming exes, and the biggest business deal of English & Sons' illustrious history, Alex and Jessie’s budding romance is going to be put to the test. The question is…will it be strong enough to be their happily-ever-after? 
Add to GOODREADS
Read Julie's review for Breaking Up with Barrett HERE.
Read Julie's review for Falling for Fitz HERE.

Review

I must say that Katy has done it again!! Another English brother and she still blows me away!! Alex’s story is the one I wanted as soon as I read about him in book one, Breaking Up With Barrett. In book one and two, Falling For Fitz, we got a little information on Alex and boy what a whore he is!! That man has gone through more women than any character I can think of. 

Once he has seen that Barrett and Fitz are happy and engaged, he starts to have these mixed feelings. He’s still with his one night stands or weekly ‘meetings’ which seem to fit his lifestyle. He works with his brothers and has always taken the easy way out and tried to avoid any relationships. 

“Jess, I’m no good without you. You fill this deep ache inside of me. You make me a better man. You make me good. You make me whole.”

It seems when his friend’s little sister, Jessica, appears after being away in England for 15 years that all it takes is for one look at her, and he is a goner!! Jessica has had feelings for Alex but she knows about his reputation and her brothers “anyone but Alex” warning and that makes her want him even more. 

Jessica knows she is only home for a short time and they both know they want to see each other, no matter the cost or hurt to her family. One thing I love about this book is that Alex really seems to be entranced with Jessica but he is so worried about his reputation causing her pain. Jessica knows it won’t be easy and it seems no matter where she turns, she comes face to face with a woman from his past. I think she really handled it a lot better than I would. 

I love seeing Alex simply torn up over his feelings for Jessica. She’s like the forbidden fruit and he’s so tempted by her. He knows he wants that bite but knows there will consequences for her. He has never had feelings for a woman before so I love seeing him brought to his knees when he finds out that he’s fallen in love with her. 

“Jess, since the moment you walked back into my life, everything’s changed. How I see the world. How I see myself. What I want. Who I want it with. You’re my reason for everything. There’s literally nothing I wouldn’t do for you.” 

Anyone But Alex is such a touching but yet hot story. Alex and Jessica can’t seem to figure what to do and I felt my heart being ripped out trying to figure out what was going to happen in the end. Katy’s writing is always wonderfully written and you really feel like you are a part of the story. I also enjoy having the characters from the previous books mingled in with the current characters so you get more of their story too. I’m looking forward to getting the next book to hopefully try and find out about the mysterious Stratton!! Great read again by Katy!!


Purchase


No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!