Julie Reviews You'll Think of Me by Lucia Franco

Luke Jackson.

With his thick southern drawl and seductive charm, Luke is the country boy everyone adores. He has his future mapped out, but his plans with Olivia are suddenly derailed when she makes a decision that blindsides him, changing the path they both envisioned.

As Luke struggles to keep everything in check during a difficult time in his life, he must put his trust in the one person who broke it to begin with. The last time they saw each other, Olivia busted his heart wide open, turning him into the man he is today.

When Olivia returns to her roots, just like Luke said she would, he is shocked for more reasons than one. Nine years have passed since they've seen each other, and when their roads collide unexpectedly, Luke can only push his worry and misgivings away for so long.

Things are different now—they are strangers—and the rope that once bound Olivia's heart to South Fork, Georgia is pulling her back in, forcing her to remember how it used to be all those years ago.
Add to GOODREADS.
Releases 8/26
ARC provided by author. 

Review

You’ll Think Of Me is a sweet story of getting a second chance with your first love.  It makes you believe that even though you think you’ve lost the love of your life that once you are given another chance, you don’t want to pass it by.

Olivia and Luke are the prime example of being lost and finding each other again.  They were so in love and Luke was looking forward to having a future with Olivia, but when she is given a chance to leave Georgia and attend college in New York, she feels she can’t pass up that opportunity even though it could destroy their happiness.  I understand that Olivia didn’t have the easiest home life but you would think she would want the love of her life to share her dreams with.  This is where I am little torn because you could tell they were so good together and to know she threw it all away really made me lose some respect for her.  Luke was so heartbroken but yet I feel that Olivia didn’t give him a second thought, it was her way or no way.

Now, we are nine years later and Olivia is now a neurologist in New York and living the dream but she’s so unhappy.  She wants a fresh start and is homesick so she decides to move back to Georgia.  What I can’t figure out is why it took her nine years to decide that.  Luke is now a famous country singer and traveling the country on tour.  When she finds herself face to face with Luke in her office, she feels all of those old feelings resurface.  I mean, Luke is one hot and sexy singer, who wouldn’t want him?

“You made my heart beat fast all those years ago, and you still do today.  Nothing’s changed for me.” 

One thing that really threw me with this book was Nate.  Olivia and Nate had started dating and when Luke came along and she had feelings for him, I felt like she was just hanging on to Nate as a back-up.  I never felt like Nate even had a chance with Olivia’s heart because it always belonged to Luke.  My heart broke for Nate because you could tell he really loved her but I felt that he was just thrown into the story as an afterthought.

As Luke and Olivia get closer, you can feel the sparks they still have for each other and as they work through their past, they begin to wonder if they can have a future.  They both have their careers but that was what I felt was lacking in this book.  They never did seem to discuss how they would make it work, or if they could make it work at all.

“Every song, every word, every melody, it’s because of you.  The music never stopped for me.  You’re part of everything I do, Livy.  You’re ingrained into my skin like a tattoo.”

I have really mixed emotions about this book because I was so torn at times.  I was so mad at Olivia for not wanting to try harder with Luke, but I was mad at Luke for not wanting to give her a chance at all.  You could feel the connection they had even after all those years, but yet I was still left wanting more.  It seems there were a few unanswered questions and I really didn’t like the alternating of the point of views within the chapters.  One paragraph was Luke and the next would be Olivia and I really found that hard to follow.  With that being said, I liked it but didn’t love it.  It was a sweet story and I was pulling for them to find their way back to each other and get the happiness they both deserved and I give this book 3.5 stars.


No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!