Julie reviews Reckless by Priscilla West

Everything about him warned me to stay away.

I’d seen bad boys before, but he had it all and more. The rippling muscles covered in tatts, the piercing eyes hiding dark secrets, the silky voice that could make a girl come with just a whisper . . .

He was exactly the type of guy that would get me in trouble, but when he jumped off the stage, inked skin glistening with sweat and breathed his seductive words into my ear, I couldn’t resist the temptation.

It was supposed to be the best one-night stand of my life, but fate didn’t let it play out that way. Things happened. I got upset. I got hasty. And worst of all, I got reckless.

After that disaster, I thought it was the last I’d see of him. But what I didn’t know was that I’d started something.

Something that could shatter the very thing I had worked so hard to protect.

I should have known back then that the most seductive things in life are also the most dangerous.
Add to GOODREADS.
Review copy provided by author.

Review

I’ve quickly become a fan of Priscilla after reading Wrecked and Rescued so I knew I wanted to read this one as well.  Wow, what a surprise this was!!

I was expecting your typical innocent girl who meets a rock star, blah, blah.  But, once I started, I couldn’t put it down.  Riley is at a bar with her friend where the band is playing and once she hears ‘his’ voice, she is immediately drawn to the stage.  She fights her way to the front and knows she will never be the same.  Jax, the lead singer, is one bad boy she knows she wants but thinks she will never have the chance at him.  I mean, he is a rock star, who would?

When Jax spots her and comes down from the stage to approach her, she is in awe, and so was I!!  He’s one hot bad boy that she knows she has to stay away from to save her heart and soul.  When her job as an accountant finds her being thrown onto the band’s bus to help them cut back expenses, she is tempted more than she ever thought possible.  He sees her as a big challenge, and nothing more, but he was surely mistaken!

As she gets closer to Jax, she finds he has such a soft spot and is not as bad as she thinks.  He’s tender, soft, but he has demons of his own.  His past continues to haunt him no matter what he does and she can’t keep up with his moods; he’s hot and cold. I do love seeing how much he does fight with what he’s feeling.

“You bury your demons to starve them, to weaken them because they’re too strong to face directly.  After a while, you get stronger and the demons get weaker.  But the thing is, some demons never weaken when you bury them.  Sometimes they get stronger.”

I love seeing Jax break down his walls for Riley and learn to open up to her.  When he finally wants her to see into his past, neither one of them is prepared for the danger they encounter.  They soon find out that their lives will never be the same.  It really shocked me with such a twist that I was definitely NOT expecting!!  Sometimes, learning the truth can do more harm than good.

“I had to make a choice.  It was either my past or you.  And I chose you.” – Jax

I knew this book came with a cliff but also knew the sequel is coming soon.  This book will draw you in and I quickly fell in love with Jax, from his bad boy ways to his tender heart.  There’s more to this sex-on-a-stick than meets the eye.  I give this book 4 stars and I need more ASAP!!

Purchase


No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!