Julie Reviews Lead by Kylie Scott

Stay up all night with the sexy rockers in Stage Dive, the epic New Adult series from New York Times bestselling author Kylie Scott, author of Lick and Play.

As the lead singer of Stage Dive, Jimmy is used to getting whatever he wants, whenever he wants it, whether it's booze, drugs, or women. However, when a PR disaster serves as a wake-up call about his life and lands him in rehab, he finds himself with Lena, a new assistant to keep him out of trouble.   

Lena's not willing to take any crap from the sexy rocker and is determined to keep their relationship completely professional, despite their sizzling chemistry. But when Jimmy pushes her too far and Lena leaves, he realizes that he may just have lost the best thing that ever happened to him.
Add to GOODREADS.

Review

As all of my friends know, I am not only a MC lover but a rocker groupie when it comes to rockstars! As we met the guys from Stage Dive in the previous two books, Lick and Play, we know that Jimmy was one hell of a manwhore who abused more drugs and women that anyone possibly could. 

Now he’s out of rehab and trying to pull his life back together. So the band decides he needs an assistant to help keep an eye on him. Well, let me tell you that Lena suited him more than anyone ever could!! She has a ‘take no shit’ attitude and with Jimmy, she definitely needs one. He is rude, crude, and tries so hard to push her away. 

As you dig deeper into his past, you realize he has reason to push people away and my heart really breaks for him and all he had to endure. He is definitely one man who will make you mad and just want to punch him in the face. He really puts Lena through the ringer and keeps her at a distance. As he gets closer, you can tell he’s trying to deny what he feels, but she falls hard and so what does he do? Of course, he pushes her even more. Little does he know, you can push someone too far so she decides to leave. 

“I need you to come back with me, please. I can’t stand not having you there, not knowing what you’re thinking, what you’re doing, not being able to tell you things and share them with you. It’s just…nothing’s the same. I hate waking up without you and I worry constantly that you’re okay, that you’ve got everything you need. Look, the truth is, I’m all about you, Lena. You’re my best friend. You’re my girl.” - Jimmy 

Only then does he realize he has feelings that he never thought possible because he has never loved a soul in his life. I love seeing the big bad Jimmy who tore through women being brought to his knees by little ole’ Lena!! The connection they have is one you really can’t deny and the sparks definitely fly!! Their story definitely has heat but I do like seeing them become the best of friends before anything else. They fit each other perfectly and only when separated that you can tell they really belong to each other. 

One of things that drew me into this book was getting into Lena’s head and so many times, I was dying laughing at the antics that happened in this book. You also get more of the bandmates from the previous books as well. Mal from book two has me laughing at just everything he says and getting more from the band and inside the band family is what makes this book so good for me. I’m ready for Ben’s story!

Purchase



No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!