TB Reviews Thrive by Krista and Becca Ritchie

Two years will change them forever. 

When rumors spread like wildfire—like having three-ways with her boyfriend’s rock climbing brother—Lily Calloway spirals into a dark place. Her bedroom. Loren Hale is more confident and determined to keep their sex life private, even from their friends, and he helps Lily in the only way he knows how. But how much love is too much? 

Their lives are filmed, watched, and criticized. And through it all, Lily and Loren have to face enemies they never thought they’d see, demons they don’t know if they should bury, and setbacks they didn’t think they’d meet. Not this soon. 

And one rumor could be too much for them to handle. It will test their greatest limitations, and if they don’t hold onto each other, someone is going to drown. 

A full-length New Adult Romance that bridges the gap between the second and third books. Thrive must be read before Addicted After All if you have not read the Calloway Sisters spin-off series.

Add to GOODREADS
Read my mini-reviews for Addicted to You, Ricochet, Addicted for Now, and Kiss the Sky HERE
Read my mini-review for Hothouse Flower HERE.
HERE you can find a recommended reading order for the series. 

Review

This book solidified what I already knew: Lily Calloway and Loren Hale are my all-time favorite fictional couple. And the Addicted series is one of my absolute favorites!

"We aren't connected by our addictions. But by our childhood. Souls fused together from the very, very start."

Thrive is a companion novel to this series. If you’ve read the Calloway Sisters spin-offs, I highly recommend reading this one as well, but it isn't necessary. If you haven’t read the spin-offs, Thrive is a must read to continue the Addicted series. It covers a majority of the events from Kiss the Sky and Hot House Flower all in Lily and Lo’s POV; we finally get to know how Lily and Lo were really feeling during certain situations. There are also new scenes from which we learn a lot of what was going on with Lily and Lo and how they were struggling with their addictions much more than we saw in Kiss the Sky or Hothouse Flower. 

“I don’t want to live if you’re not living with me.” –Lo

There’s something about Lily and Lo that touches me unlike any other couple. There are very few scenes with them that don’t tug at my heart and practically bring me to tears. I’m such a sap when it comes to Lily and Lo. Their actions alone showcase how deep their love runs, the way they live for each other. They make my heart hurt when things get hard as they deal with their addictions. It's not an easy road for them and they don't always make the best decisions but then nothing makes me cheesy grin quite like their comic book banter. And the front piggy back is the sweetest thing ever. Lily is one of my favorite heroines; she’s stronger than she realizes and she’s absolutely adorable. And Lo, as harsh as he comes across and as mean as he can be, I know his reasons why and it just makes me fall more for him instead of hating him. And seriously, his love for Lily makes me swoon. Yea, I’m getting all teary-eyed now just thinking about them. 

"Our love is rare. It's one I can't abandon, even if I tried. When she screams, an identical one rips through me. When she cries, my world rains with grief. When she loves, I truly, truly fly." - Lo 

Okay, okay enough gushing about those two. While a majority of things in this book we already knew, it didn't feel repetitive to me. It didn't dwell on certain events, just gave us Lily and Lo's side of the story and moved on. There were new scenes throughout the book that broke up what we already knew. It moved at a nice pace to keep me interested in what was going on and not bored or feeling as if I'd read it all before. This series is all about the characters and as usual, this book showcases the dynamics of  friends and the relationships between them all. It isn't just about the couples. It's about the friendships and sibling relationships as well, that all come with their own set of highs and lows. But through it all, I love the way each of these characters are there for one another no matter what they are dealing with. Lo and Connor have the most adorable bromance going on. I love seeing Rose and Connor through others eyes; they are so entertaining when they flirt fight. And it was nice to know what was going through Lo's head when it came to Daisy and Ryke's relationship. 

Overall this was just a wonderful addition to the series. It made my heart ache and fall in love with these characters all over again. Krista and Becca Ritchie know how to deliver a story that can make you laugh and cry and just feel. Now to just wait for Addicted After All to get more of Lily and Lo!

"We're going to have our happy ending. It may just take us awhile to get there."

Purchase


No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!