Julie Reviews Unbeloved by Madeline Sheehan

Dorothy Kelley is a born romantic, searching for her prince. Instead she finds herself pregnant at fifteen, and in a loveless marriage by the tender age of eighteen. 

Then hope comes riding into her life on a motorcycle and within weeks, Jason “Jase” Brady, a member of the Hell’s Horsemen Motorcycle Club, sweeps Dorothy off her feet.

But nothing is ever simple for Dorothy. Jase is married with children. And as Dorothy patiently waits for Jase to give her the happily-ever-after she’s been dreaming about, James “Hawk” Young, a member of the Hell’s Horsemen with secrets of his own, sees an opening into Dorothy’s life and takes it.

Carrying on two secret affairs is no easy feat. As Dorothy tries to dig herself out of the mess she’s created, covering one mistake with another, tragedy strikes, nearly costing Dorothy her life and that of her unborn son.

What follows is a long and painful journey of self-discovery and forgiveness, as Dorothy comes to realize that home was exactly where she’d left it, and the love she’d forever craved had always been within her reach.

This is the story of Dorothy, Jase, and Hawk.

We are all born pure; it is our journey that burdens us and leads us astray. Our mistakes that beat us down and cover us in guilt and shame, burying us a little more with each passing hardship. It is up to us to dig ourselves out, to come to terms with our faults, to embrace not only our imperfections but those of the ones we love, and to once again find the path we strayed from. 


Warning: This is not a conventional or predictable love story. It involves one woman and two men bound by a love so destructive it spans two decades, pitting brother against brother, and shattering the lives of those touched by it.

Add to GOODREADS. 
Read Danielle's review HERE.

Review

This is one of those books that I'm so torn about it. There are so many things I loved about it but yet I felt like I had an unanswered question. With that being said, I really did enjoy it because it was so different from the first three. In the end, I don't know if this was one of my favorites in the series or the least one.

We met Dorothy, Jase, and Hawk in the previous books and I'm so glad to get their story. I had always loved Jase but yet hated him for the way he treated Dorothy. You could tell he loved her but didn't want to leave his family for her so to me I loved him but hated him at the same time.

Hawk had been there for her, helped her with her feelings for Jase, and showed her how much he loved her and wanted her. As Dorothy moved away and Hawk stayed on the move, his love never died for her and only became stronger. When danger threatens the club and Dorothy comes back to the MC, she knows what she must do. I found myself in tears at what she decided but yet I knew it was the best for her, Jase, and Hawk.

The emotions in this book brought me to tears several times as some people had to say goodbye while others found love. This book is so different from Madeline's other books and if you expect hard and gritty, you won't get it in this book. You have a true roller coaster of a ride of so many different emotions. At times, I felt like I was right there with them and living their hurt.

The feelings that were brought out in this one were beautiful and while I expected a good 'dirty' book, I think that is what makes this so unique. I think if it would have been tough and gritty, you wouldn't have been able to see this book for what it truly was: the end of one love and the beginning of another. Madeline's writing is so different from other authors who write MC books and I think no matter what she wrote I would love it. This one really pulled at my heart and showed me that she can not only write the good and hard stuff, but also have such tender characters with such a touching story.

My only complaint is that I have to wait for more in the series and I need more NOW!!

Purchase

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!