Danielle Reviews Rex (Finding Love #2) by Beth Michele

It all started with a simple phrase.

Love Sucks

The moment Vanessa Hilliard walked into the tattoo shop uttering those two words was the day my life began its downward spiral.

Or maybe it’s the day my life began.

My name is Rex Grayson.

And this is my story.

***

The day I met Rex Grayson, I got a hell of a lot more than I bargained for. He sparked something inside of me -- possibility. A word that never existed in my world before. He caused me to question who I was and made me want things I never dreamed were possible.

We’ve both got a mountain of shit in our past.

My name is Vanessa Hilliard. I have an affinity for the unusual and seriously twisted.

He thinks this is his story.

But it’s really mine.
Add to GOODREADS.
ARC provided by author 

Review

Rex is the second book in the Finding Love series by Beth Michelle.  Don't worry though, if you haven't read the first novella, Finding Autumn, you won't be lost.  Rex is a standalone novel.  There is just enough back story for newbies so you won't be lost.  If you are like myself and have read Hunter and Olivia's story then you have already been introduced to Vanessa and Rex. Even still, the back story isn't overworked and boring.  The best part is that Hunter and Olivia make several appearances throughout the book.  

Rex really intrigued me when he was introduced in Finding Autumn.  The brothers are complete opposites.  Hunter is all business and Rex, well he is living life and having a good time.  I love bad boys. Maybe it's because I married a suit. I don't know, but the bad boys always do it for me.  To be honest, going into this one I thought it was going to be like so many other books out there.  It seems like damaged characters are what everyone is writing about these days.  Don't get me wrong I love these stories but I get tired of the back and forth relationships.  Usually by the time the characters get together, I'm ready to strangle them and thinking they seriously need a shrink.  For once though I didn't want to kill the main characters.  Yes, Rex and Vanessa both have issues but they actually made me fall more in love with them.  They may be screwed up but they are both still strong and dealt with their issues without annoying the shit out of me. Their story is well written and held my interest until the last page. 

I love smut!  I love sexy books! Sometimes I just want a hot book and other times I want to actually read a love story.  There is such a big difference between love and lust.  Although I enjoy both,  I prefer the more drawn out love stories.  I want to believe that the characters are really in love.  Rex hit the mark.  The relationship between Vanessa and Rex actually develops.  I felt their struggles when they did.  I laughed, teared up, and was right there along with them on their journey.  This book really surprised me.  It made me take a look at my own life.  I thought, damn, maybe I should put my book down and spend a little more time with my son when he is trying to get me to play some silly game with him for the hundredth time that day.  For that reason alone I am giving this one 4.5 Stars.  I can't wait to see what Beth writes next.  Her writing gets better and better with each book I read!  

Purchase


No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!