Julie Reviews Lock and Key by Cat Porter

I suppose some of us have to get really dirty before we can become truly clean.

I was allegedly South Dakota’s most famous old lady.
Sixteen years ago I survived my old man’s murder

Never again.
Never again will I surrender my heart.
Never again will I sacrifice to the Club.

But that all changed in one night.

I came home and crashed into him,
and my past and present blew up in my face.
Both of us lonely, running on empty, and unwilling to admit it.

Until now.
Now I feel things I’d forgotten about, want things I’d cut out of my insides.

Love not only stings when you lose it, when it’s ripped away from you.
When it first sinks its teeth in you, it can cut just as raw and sting just as deep.

I’d forgotten that.

Who holds the keys to betrayal? To suspicion? To trust?
To brotherhood? To family?
To redemption and a bleeding heart?
Right now, I just might.

Warning: This work of fiction contains graphic language, sex, and material some readers may find objectionable.
Add to GOODREADS.
Read Danielle's review HERE.

Review 

I think this one of the best MC books that I have read and I highly recommend this one!! I actually don’t know how I didn’t notice it, but with so many MC books out, I usually see what my friends think of them too. Luckily, Danielle didn’t steer me wrong by telling me about this one.

It’s an intense journey for Grace and Miller and I was pulling for them the entire time. This book captured me from the start and didn’t let me go until I had devoured it. It’s emotionally charged and very well written.

My heart broke for Grace and all that she had to endure and then for Miller because he was so closed off and really was locked within himself. He never let anyone into his heart until Grace came along and I really enjoyed seeing him open up. Grace was one strong woman and I really think she is one of my favorite heroines in a book. I think one of my favorite parts of this book is that they were older and that’s one thing that drew me in. I mean I love a good hot romance with young studs but with me being older, I felt more of a connection with this book. She really did seem to have the key to his locked up soul and opened his heart to love. Miller was one hot badass biker and who wouldn’t fall in love with that??

As they both have their emotional journeys, they both grew along the way and seemed to grow perfectly together. Even though they had struggles and I think that is what made this book work for me seeing how they seemed to fight for what they wanted.

Cat really pulled out the stops with this one and at times I felt like I was in for the ride with them. The emotions that were brought out with this book really left me speechless and I commend Cat for making this such a great read and I am looking forward to reading more of her work in the future.

Purchase

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!