Julie's Week In Review

What I Read Last Week

A Beautiful Wedding by Jamie McGuire 
I had so many questions after reading Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster and we finally get our answers!
This novella goes behind the scenes and you get more of their wedding and their reasons behind it.  It sure is surprising to me and I love getting more of Abby and Travis's relationship.  I really enjoyed getting more of the wedding and I'm really sad to see their story end.

Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire
It seems the Maddox brothers never disappoint me!!  I thought I was in love with Travis in Beautiful and Walking Disaster but Trenton is one I won't soon forget either!!
Trenton was on top of his game and soaring high in college until a tragic event sends him back to live with his dad.  Cami has always worked hard for everything she ever had and knew to stay away from Trenton, the playboy.
Oh what a tangled web we weave when we have Cami's boyfriend, who never seems to have time for her, added into the mix.  There are definitely some things I wasn't expecting and as the story unfolded, I was absolutely shocked!!
I love the chemistry that Cami and Trenton have and it's certainly off the charts HOT and scorching.  Trenton just has those bad boy ways that made immediately fall for him.  My heart broke for the loss he had endured and in the end, I think that made him such a stronger man, especially with Cami by his side.  I'm definitely wanting more Maddox brothers!!
  

What Doesn’t Destroy Us by M.N. Forgy

Wow, what a wild, wild ride this was!! Somehow this is one of those books that I missed when it was released, but after hearing about it, I knew I had to dive in and I'm so glad I did!
Dani had come to the Devil's Dust MC seeking protection from her father because her mom has put them in danger.  Her mom had always protected her from the world and wouldn't let her experience life on her own.  She controlled everything she did and well, to be honest, what a bitch!!  Well, she certainly found out about life within the club and she ended up fitting right in perfectly.
Shadow grew up in the worst of circumstances and found a home in the club.  His brothers were like family, even more than his drug head of a mother.  The things she done in this book made me want to reach in, pull her out, and beat her to death!!  She really put poor Shadow through the ringer.
When Dani and Shadow collide, it is one hell of a ride!!  Shadow has his secrets he's trying to hide but knows he has to come out of his shell to prove his love for Dani.  Of course, his mom comes into play, and makes it even harder on them both.  Shadow doesn't trust easy and when he finally breaks down those walls, he soon finds out he may have made a huge mistake!
The twists and turns in this book left me speechless and the ending was certainly one I wasn't expecting!!  It literally blew me away and left me with a WTF look on my face.  Shadow and Dani are one scorching hot couple and their loyalties are certainly tried in this one. This book pulled me in from the start and didn't let go until the end.   I only hope M.N. doesn't make me wait long for the next book, because I'm hooked!!
  

Fifteen Years by Nicole Hildreth

I'm really teetering on this one as far as a rating. I liked it but I didn't love it. It is a cute, quick, and easy read that did draw me in but I just seemed to want more.
Daisy and Alex will certainly make you believe in first love and how it never dies.  Alex had left town years ago and when he came back, literally to the rescue of Daisy, they both felt those same sparks as they did when they were younger.  The feelings had intensified and they immediately knew they wanted to make a relationship work.
I really enjoyed getting into the back story of how they met and what they went through.  It's a moving story that I found myself smiling for most of this book.  I just seemed to have a problem with them jumping in so fast after being away from each other for so long.  It is a good read and if you're looking for a sweet and fast read, this is one to grab!!


Ryker by Joanne Schwehm

This is one book a friend told me about and once I started it, I couldn’t stop. You have Ryker, one badass drummer in a band who goes through women like nothing. Then you have his bandmate's best friend, Faith, who really rocks his world.
It's not an easy road for them but that's what makes this book really work for me.  Ryker continually tries to push her away and he is such a manwhore that I would loved to just slap him and get it out of my system.  Faith has always known she loved him but never felt she would measure up to his 'groupies' that he seemed to surround himself in.
Once the sparks fly and Ryker comes to his senses about Faith, it makes for one hot and sexy read that really kept my interest from start to finish.  It drew me in from the start and I always love to see the big manwhoring guy comes to his senses and fall for the good girl.  This is my first book I've read from Joanne and it definitely won't be the last!!

What I'm Reading Now

Taming The Storm by Samantha Towle

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!