Julie's Week In Review

What I Read Last Week

Unbeautifully by Madeline Sheehan
First of all yes, I am behind at reading this one but it certainly did not disappoint. I fell in love with Deuce in Undeniable so I wanted to catch up with Madeline’s series since her next one is scheduled soon. 
So, this book is about Deuce’s daughter, Danny and her wild romance with Ripper. It sure isn’t an easy road and after Ripper was almost killed, he is scarred and not the handsome devil that Danny knew him as. But, as the saying goes, ‘don’t judge a book by its cover’. After Danny breaks down Ripper’s walls, you get into a really hot and sexy romance. Even though danger is still lurking, this turns into one wild ride. Lives are put in danger and they are torn apart but to see how they are brought together even in the worst of circumstances makes for a great read and I’m ready for more!!

Unattainable by Madeline Sheehan
So, when I finished Unbeautifully I had to dig into more of this series and it was another wild and sexy read!! 
Tegan was Dorothy’s daughter and was always the nerdy girl with the wild red hair. She fell in love with Cage, Deuce’s son, in the previous books but soon found out, he didn’t ‘do’ relationships. Left heartbroken, she leaves the club and is determined to find her own way in life without the MC. When circumstances change and she is forced to go back, she runs right back into Cage.
Cage is shocked to find out the Tegan he once knew was not the same girl who left. She was tatted and mouthy and everything he loved. As they grow closer and he wants more, she is so leery and who can blame her? He destroyed her heart.
This book surprised me but in a good way. I loved seeing how Tegan grew into being her own woman and learned not to be walked on by anyone. The time apart did them good and this is one hot romance. She certainly didn’t make it easy and Cage is just off the charts H – O – T!! As much as I ended up falling for him, Deuce took my heart first and still reigned in this one as well. I’m ready for the next one in the series!!

Devil’s Game by Joanna Wylde
Talk about a Romeo and Juliet story with a lot of twists and turns and this is Devil's Game!!
You have Em, who is Picnic's daughter, the Prez of the MC and Liam aka Hunter who is an enemy of the Reapers being a member of the Devil's Jacks, and you have a wild ride you won't soon forget.
Liam had been stalking Em but once he saw her, he knew she was different from any other woman he had seen. So, when circumstances change and they are put in a situation, you can sure feel the heat between them. Granted, this isn't your typical boy meets girl and they live happily ever after, but it's one love story I won't forget.
As Liam has to prove to her dad how much he cares for her, Em has quite a time trying to convince her dad she is a woman and not his little girl any more. I love getting pulled into their drama and seeing it wasn't an easy road for them. Danger is lurking and trying to pull the two clubs apart and at times I was wondering if their love would survive. 
I wasn't let down at all in this book and I loved seeing them go against the odds to be together and fight for what they wanted!

Carnage by Lesley Jones
This is one of those books that was so good but so bad. It broke my heart many times throughout and I was so torn about my feelings.
Georgia and Sean met when she was 11 and even though there love is one of a kind, it certainly wasn't easy. Once his band, Carnage, made it big, things were never the same. They both went through so much and I was pulling for them the whole way. Just when I thought I was happy, I was sad. I laughed but I cried.
I’m not a fan of books written in other than the US because some of the wording was so different, but I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
With that being said and my friends know me as a grammar whore, this book really has some grammar issues that once fixed would make such a better story, but I am looking forward to book 2.

What I Am Reading Now

Scoring Wilder by RS Grey
Releases June 19th

What I'm Reading Next

The Vixen and the Vet by Katy Regnery 
Releases July 4th

Seduce Me by Ryan Michele

What I Look Forward To Reading


Better When He’s Bad by Jay Crownover 

Releases June 17th


Wrecked by Emily Snow
Releases June 17th


No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!