Teri Beth's Week In Review

What I Read This Week

A Beautiful Distraction by Kelsie Leverich
ARC provided by author
Read Kathy's review HERE.
A Beautiful Distraction is a beautiful book. I loved the journey Rafe and Fallon went on, from lust to love, from just a distraction to so much more. At the very beginning, I could feel the attraction between the two, the sexual chemistry. Rafe is a rough around the edges soldier, dealing with the damage from the women in his past. Fallon is the owner of the hottest burlesque club in town; she’s strong and determined that she doesn’t need anyone in her life. She’s had her own heartbreaking past, causing her to put of walls around her heart, but there’s something about Rafe. He breaks all her rules. Their relationship isn’t always easy, but I enjoyed the progression of it. Even though they knew each other for a short period of time, it never felt rushed or forced. The characters are very well developed, including the secondary characters. I fell in love with Rafe’s family and hope to see more of them in the future. Leverich has written a wonderfully emotional, romantic, and sexy story. I can’t wait for more of her work!

Snake in the Grass by Staci Hart
Oh. My. Wow. I fell in love with the first book in this series and was super excited to start Snake in the Grass (read my Deer in Headlights review HERE.) I was anticipating another fun, witty read but no, this book is so much more than that. It’s chocked full of drama, tension, and suspense. I was on the edge of my seat wondering what would happen next with both the gods and the mortals. This competition has Aphrodite (Dita) up against Ares, with whom she has had a love/hate relationship with for centuries. They love hard and fight harder. The tension and chemistry between these two is off the charts. Their players for the competition are both pretty bad-ass. Dillon is an angry fighter with a bad past, Kat is strong, independent and fiercely loyal when it comes to family. I love them both. I FELT for them both. They get thrown together when their siblings fall for each other. There’s attraction between Kat and Dillon from the beginning, but they’re both a bit hot-headed, causing a rocky start. As their relationship progresses and the gods interfere, things go from rocky to just bad, but I was still rooting for them. All isn't well on Olympus, either. Shit hits the fan all over the place, my nerves were a wreck and I couldn't stop reading! Once again, Hart does a superb job of intertwining the lives of the gods and the mortals. We learn of their, both gods and mortals, past and miss nothing in their present lives as the competition continues. Hart has delivered a sequel that's intense, emotional, and even better than the first! I can't wait for more!
"The push and pull when he was near her overwhelmed him. He wanted to fight with her, but he wanted to kiss her."

What I'm Reading Now

Last Second Chance by Caisey Quinn

What I'm Reading Next

Loving Mr. Daniels by Brittainy C. Cherry
Release May 13th

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!