TB's Week In Review

What I Read This Week

Down By The Water by Anna Cruise
ARC provided by publisher via NetGalley
I hope I never have a real life mystery to solve, because I suck. I never have it figured out before everyone else in the story, no matter how many clues are given. Granted, in Down by the Water, clues weren't abundant and everyone, at some point, was a suspect to me. Lily gets stranded in the worst place possible as she’s headed to college, in a town that has horrible memories for her. It’s been ten years since she’s been back there. And this time something eerily similar happens as it did in the past. Fingers are pointed at Lily. Trying to figure out who the real culprit was kept me intrigued throughout the story. I HAD to know who did it, or if it really was just a strange coincidence. And what’s a mystery without a little romance? Because you know I have to have a little romance! The budding relationship between Lily and her hero Ty is so sweet. Ty in general is one of the best heroes I’ve read in a while. This is my first Anna Cruise book but it definitely won’t be my last. She’s shown me her writing skills with this one and I can’t wait to see what else she can do! DBTW is a wonderfully done romantic suspense novel.
GOODREADS/AMAZON


Reasonable Doubt Vol. 2 by Whitney G.
I'm not gonna lie, I'm slightly disappointed in this installment of Reasonable Doubt. We did get to learn a bit about Andrew's past, which was very intriguing. But just when things were starting to happen it was over. Yes, I'm aware these are short stories but each installment should bring something and this one brought very little. It also felt very rushed, scenes were over just as quick as they started. Even with the things I didn't like, I still loved Andrew. There's something about that man *swoon*. And I still really like Aubrey. I'm now going to anxiously wait for Vol. 3 and hope it comes out soon! I need answers!
GOODREADS/AMAZON


Where There's Smoke by Elizabeth Lee
ARC provided by author
As soon as I read the synopsis and teasers for Where There's Smoke, I was intrigued. I absolutely loved the concept. Who doesn't love a little Bonnie and Clyde action? There was so much I enjoyed about Where There's Smoke, the overall plot, the characters, the romance. Ryland and Piper were likable characters. Their connection was strong and developed. I really liked the way details of their early relationship were trickled out and not given all at once. The plot was intriguing and different, it went places I never expected! But there was something lacking for me and I can't quite put my finger on it. I never fully connected to the story; there were areas that dragged causing me lose focus on the plot. The moments that I should have been full of anxiety, I wasn't. Even missing the connection I look for in a book, I enjoyed Lee's writing. And I'm very excited to read There's Fire. I can't wait to learn more about Hadley.
GOODREADS/AMAZON

What I'm Reading Now

Taint by S.L. Jennings
GOODREADS/AMAZON

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!