TB reviews LOVING MR. DANIELS by Brittainy C. Cherry

To Whom it May Concern, 
It was easy to call us forbidden and harder to call us soulmates. Yet I believed we were both. Forbidden soulmates. 
When I arrived to Edgewood, Wisconsin I didn’t plan to find him. I didn't plan to stumble into Joe's bar and have Daniel's music stir up my emotions. I had no clue that his voice would make my hurts forget their own sorrow. I had no idea that my happiness would remember its own bliss. 
When I started senior year at my new school, I wasn’t prepared to call him Mr. Daniels, but sometimes life happens at the wrong time for all the right reasons. 
Our love story wasn’t only about the physical connection.
It was about family. It was about loss. It was about being alive. It was silly. It was painful. It was mourning. It was laughter.
It was ours. 
And for those reasons alone, I would never apologize for loving Mr. Daniels. 
-Ashlyn Jennings
 Add to GOODREADS.
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

Review

“I want to be yours, I want you to be mine, and I hate that we can’t be us. Because I think we were meant to be us.”

Sometimes a book comes along that you just connect with. It hits you right in the heart. You feel every single word of it. You live every single page. Loving Mr. Daniels is one of those books for me. Nothing I say will be able to do this book justice. I can say it was good, but that is an understatement. I can say it was awesome, but that just sounds corny. I can say it was amazing, but it was more than that. I can say it was beautiful, but that still doesn’t sound like enough.

It was stunningly poetic; the story, the characters, the writing. I adored everything about Loving Mr. Daniels.

I’m not going to sit here and tell you what this book is about. This book is meant to be experienced as you read it for the first time. Is it a forbidden romance? In a way, but it’s so much more than that. It is a story of loss and love, friendship and family. It is a story of acceptance and self-discovery. It’s a story of two soul mates that met at an unfortunate time in life, but yet it was the perfect time. 

“I could almost embrace his soul, which he was so willingly wearing on his sleeves that night.”

Cherry wonderfully depicted every character. Ashlyn Jennings had an incredible voice. The way she thought, what she felt, was easily relatable. Her character was very real as she dealt with the grief life had handed her. Daniel Daniels is a musician…and a school teacher; his POV was lyrical in a way that showcased his apparent talent. Every feeling felt by these two, I felt right along with them. The grief, anger, and loneliness I felt to my core, to the point I had tears. The love, happiness, and excitement I felt as my own. Cherry makes you feel for, love, and understand the entire cast of characters.

“You’re beautiful Ashlyn, I don’t just mean your looks. I mean your smarts, your tears, your brokenness. I think that’s beautiful.”

Loving Mr. Daniels is a heart wrenching, heartwarming read. It is extremely emotional while also witty, quirky, and smart. The chemistry and connection between Ashlyn and Daniel is powerful and plausible. It has you rooting for these characters from their very first meeting. Every bit of this story felt real. I didn’t want it to end. I have no doubt this story will stay with me for a very long time.

“But it’s all right if you’re not okay.”

This book is a golden for me.

Purchase

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!