Kathy's Week In Review

What I Read Last Week

The One by Kiera Cass
The One is the conclusion to The Selection Series. it is my guilty pleasure that I don't dare admit to in public. The basis of the story is a cross between The Bachelor and a caste society. You must read the books in order so start with The Selection. In this final book we find America in the final four of The Selection, waiting to be chosen for Prince Maxon's hand in marriage. This was a fabulous ending to the trilogy. Every storyline was resolved. The emotions of the characters seemed natural as did the outcome of the rebel movement. I loved seeing how America and Maxon both matured and changed. I devoured this highly anticipated novel in one sitting and I wasn't disappointed!

Push by Claire Wallis
What can I say about this book? It was wild and twisted from the very first page. Told from various perspectives in the past and present the novel slowly weaves the tale of David and Emma. Disturbingly, all six of David's previous girlfriends have disappeared so the question remains: will Emma be his seventh victim? I was highly impressed with the craftsmanship of this engrossing novel. Fair warning: it ends on a HUGE cliffhanger. I can't wait for the next installment! 4.5 stars!

New Releases

Tempting the Bodyguard by J Lynn

Entice by Rachel Van Dyken

1 comment

  1. I am been wanting to read Push!!!!!!!! We need to get it done so we can talk!

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome!