Danielle's Week in Review

What I read this week

 



Last week I finished It Ain't Me, Babe by Tillie Cole and it reminded me why I love biker books, so off to Amazon I went looking for my next fix. Wow was I shocked to see how many biker books are available now. When I first became obsessed with these dirty mouth outlaws, it was slim pickens. Now, they are everywhere. I was a bit overwhelmed so I downloaded several samples and even purchased a few anthologies. Fighting to Stay by Kasey Millstead was the first book in the Born to Ride Collection so I decided to give it a try. I finished it but it really left me wanting more. I like my biker books to be dark and dirty and this one was just a tad too sweet for me. The story was ok, but the club aspect of the book really took a backseat to the romance. Roam and Lacey struggle as a couple and Lacey's past and insecurities really take over the book. To be honest, at the end I was ready to bitch slap her because she is so selfish and childish. Roam on the other hand was just way too nice for a biker. I like my men a little rough around the edges and he reminded more of a dress-up biker rather than an outlaw. I would recommend this one to someone who doesn't often read biker books and likes more of a romance. Personally, after finishing I really needed a grittier biker book so I picked up Angels in Leather by Bella Jewel, which is also in the same collection. 

I really enjoyed Bella's MC Sinner's Series so I was hoping this one was going to do the trick. The beginning of this book grabbed my attention. It is so different from other biker books so I was curious to see where the story would go. Unfortunately, the middle of the book fell flat for me. I wanted a little bit more action and more of a back story. Meadow and Axel are both complicated characters and I never fully connected with either of them. They have known each other for years and I think that a little more insight into their past would have helped me understand them. I really wanted to see and feel their connection rather than be told. I also felt like the ending of the book was rushed and left me wanting more. Overall, it had several of the elements I look for in a biker book, it just didn't come together completely for me. 

After finishing the other two books I decided to give Renegade Reject a try! Finally, this one worked! Renegade Reject had everything I was looking for! It was dark, gritty and filled with chaos! So many books in this genre don't work for me because they are too sweet! I have a picture in my head of what a biker should be and it isn't always pleasant. I don't mean that to insult authors or even say that their books are bad, but when I pick up a biker book I want to be blown away by their filthy mouths and unethical behavior. I need them to do and say things that I would never tolerate. It is all about the fantasy! I was excited to find another series that reminded me why I love bikers! Preach was an ass! In the beginning of the book, I was captivated by his past. He was a bit too sweet for me so I was worried at first. A few chapters in he redeemed himself. I don't mean that in the same way I would reading any of other genre. I mean it because he became the asshole biker I was craving. He did it really well because he makes so many mistakes I wanted to kill him! If he knows how to do one thing, it is to fuck up! Poor Daisy's heart is ripped out and stomped on a few too many times! It was like an addiction though, I had to keep reading to see how things would play out! Along the way, I was taken on a journey filled with chaos, whores and flying bullets! I loved every minute of it! Finally, my need for another biker book was met! I can now move on to something different!

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!