Teri Beth's Week In Review


What I Read This Week

 Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher
I’m on the fence with this story. Did I like it? Yes. I think I did anyways. Did I love it? Nowhere close to that. It’s a very different story than most. And if you’re a fan of fluffy romance this is not the book for you. It isn’t really a love story at all. It’s deeper than that. And maybe I just didn’t peel back the layers of it like I was supposed to.
The fact that I felt no connection to the characters is what made this story not work for me. It was the mystery of the story that I loved. I was constantly curious as to what would happen and who had them in the house. But as for what happened with the characters, I wasn’t concerned. If not for wanting to know who the zookeeper was, I might not have kept reading.
Fisher writes flawed characters, and Senna was no different. She was deeply flawed. As were the others in the story. I like flawed characters. But Senna was just miserable. She made it difficult to like or care for her. Everything was just so depressing. By the end I was just underwhelmed and over the story.
While I didn't really feel the story, I can appreciate Fisher's writing and the fact that she wrote something so different. This is a book that isn't for everyone. I'm glad I read it, but it just didn't live up to my expectations.
 GOODREADS/AMAZON

Reasonable Doubt Volume One by Whitney G. 
NO! I don’t want it to be over! I need more! ASAP! This is one heck of a novella. You got a compelling story, superb writing, and some seriously sexy scenes. I loved both Aubrey and Andrew and their crazy hot chemistry. This book took me all of an hour to read but I loved every minute of it! And then that killer cliff has me begging for the next installment! 
GOODREADS/AMAZON


No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!