Julie Reviews ALPHA by Jasinda Wilder

The first time it happened, it seemed like an impossible miracle. Bills were piling up, adding up to more money than I could ever make. Mom's hospital bills. My baby brother's tuition. My tuition. Rent. Electricity. All of it on my shoulders. And I had just lost my job. There was no hope, no money in my account, no work to be found. And then, just when I thought all hope was lost, I found an envelope in the mail. No return address. My name on the front, my address. Inside was a check, made out to me, in the amount of ten thousand dollars. Enough to pay the bills and leave me some left over to live on until I found a job. Enough to let me focus on classes. There was no name on the check, just "VRI Inc.," and a post office box address for somewhere in the city. No hint of identity or reason for the check or anything. No mention of repayment, interest, nothing…except a single word, on the notes line: "You." Just those three letters.
If you receive a mysterious check, for enough money to erase all your worries, would you cash it?
I did.
The next month, I received another check, again from VRI Incorporated. It too contained a single word: "belong."
A third check, the next month. This time, two words. Four letters. "To me."
The checks kept coming. The notes stopped. Ten thousand dollars, every month. A girl gets used to that, real quick. It let me pay the bills without going into debt. Let me keep my baby brother in school and Mom's hospice care paid for. How do you turn down what seems like free money, when you're desperate? You don't. I didn't.
And then, after a year, there was a knock on my door. A sleek black limousine sat on the curb in front of my house. A driver stood in front of me, and he spoke six words: "It's time to pay your debt."
Would you have gotten in?
I did.
It turns out $120,000 doesn't come free.
Add to GOODREADS.
ARC provided by author.

               Review               

If you’re ready for a true book hangover, then Alpha is the one you want to pick up!!  I knew when I saw this releasing that I had to have this book and Jasinda really rocked it with this one. Alpha is one of those stories that will hook you from the start and not let you go until you’ve devoured it all.

Kyrie was down on her luck more than any young girl should be. Her father had been murdered, her mother was sick, and she was left to send her brother to college and try to provide for herself.

When she thinks she can’t hold on anymore, she starts receiving a check every month for $10,000. I mean, what the hell?  Ten grand from a complete stranger?  Who wouldn’t want that?  But little does she know it comes with a price: her body and soul.

With the first few months’ checks, there are clues and once she figures them out, she knows her world will never be the same.

“You belong to me.”

Holy shit, does it get better!!  After one year of receiving the checks, ‘He’, as I will call him, comes to collect. Kyrie has no idea of what she has gotten herself into by cashing those checks but knowing she can’t pay it back, she has no choice but to submit, and submit she does!!

‘He’ really rocks her world and will set any woman’s panties on fire!!  I love how secretive he is; even insisting on blindfolding her until he feels he can trust her.  I was so perplexed by him and immediately drawn to him. ‘He’ was out of this world SEXY and so dominating that, at times, I was just breathless!! 

“Kyrie, you are so beautiful.  Such a precious thing, and I simply cannot wait to make you sing, to make your body hum and shiver for me.”

I loved the beginning and I loved the end, but some points sagged a little for me.  I mean, don’t get me wrong, it was off the charts scorching hot.  But, (yes, here’s the but) I felt the story lacked some in the middle and really left me wanting more.

As the book progressed, it started to pick back up and got more into the story of why she was there and why he was hiding and being so secretive.  His secrets really blew me away, leaving me speechless and brokenhearted for Kyrie.  As much as their secrets threatened to tear them apart, I was really pulling for them, wanting her to be able to love and move on with her life and escape the past.  Can she get past his secret or will it destroy them?  Only time will tell.

“You are mine.  I own you.  I will always own you.”

Alpha will pull at your heart in regards to Kyrie but will leave you amazed at their panty-melting relationship.  Like I said, though some parts left me wanting a little more, the beginning and end were an off-the-chart 5, so I’m going to say 4 strong stars for me but you have to check it out because Jasinda never disappoints!!

Purchase

Barnes & Noble: coming soon 
   

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!