Julie's Week In Review

What I Read This Week:

Capturing Peace by Molly McAdams
It seems that no matter what Molly releases that she always succeeds and this book is one more example. Not only do you have Reagan who was destroyed when her boyfriend dumped her when she found out she was pregnant at 16, but you have Coen, who was one tortured soul that I was pulling for throughout the book.  Reagan was one strong heroine to me in this book. Not only did she take on the responsibility of being a young mother, but she succeeded at it and you can really tell she puts her child before anyone else, including herself.  Coen was just discharged from the Army and was surrounded by his demons. He had thrown himself into his work and never thought he would find his 'peace' until his friend's sister, Reagan, came along.  Reagan and Coen have this instant chemistry that you can feel and really want them to be together. Even though they are both scared of giving their heart away, I loved seeing them struggle with their feelings and learn that the other one is what makes them whole.

This book will make you happy and sad but you can really see how much Reagan comes out of her shell with Coen and he does the same. Molly never fails to amaze me with her books and I can't wait to get more from her in the future!!
GOODREADS/AMAZON/NOOK



Fall Into Forever by Beth Hyland
Ivy had the perfect life and seemingly perfect boyfriend. After tragedy struck, her life would never be the same. She suffered from debilitating migraines and memory loss from that horrible night, and even doubted herself when it came to the truth. Everyone in her life seemed to tell her things were perfect for her but she always felt they were wrong. So, Ivy escapes to college and just wants to fade into the background and be unnoticed.  Little did she know that one night at a party would change her life forever, but not in a bad way. Enter Jon, big tough, tatted, and pierced unlike the perfect All-American boy she's used to dating. From that first moment, you can feel they have this amazing connection and want them to be together.  Jon, however, was quite the manwhore but had his own secrets as well. My heart just broke for him at what he had to endure growing up and I'm really happily surprised to see him wanting to make something of his life and not fall into the system.  As much as they fought their pull, there was no denying that they bring each other the much needed peace the other one needs. I always love a good bad boy and Jon certainly disappoint me in the least. The love they shared will make you believe in soul mates and how even though two people are broken, they can heal each other in the best of ways.

Beth did a great job at bringing two lost souls together into a beautiful romance and I am looking forward to reading more from her in the future.
GOODREADS/AMAZON/NOOK


Winter by Nikita Rae
What a tangled web this was!!  I went into this book blind because it was one I haven't heard much about but it is one I'm so glad I did.

Avery, aka Iris, was ready for a new start to escape from her past and what better way than to change her name and start fresh.  Little did she realize she would run into Luke from her hometown

What can I say about Luke?  He's hot, tatted, a rocker, and a cop.  Hmm, enough said!!!

But, he holds the secrets to Avery's past and also is determined to find the truth.  As the story unfolds, he finds out more than he bargained for and realizes his true feelings for Avery.  Avery, however, is afraid to love.  Which, after what this poor girl had been through, I can't say I blame her.

Luke and Avery are so connected in this book and I really love the twists and turns throughout the book.  As much as I've searched, I can't seem to find out any information about more of this story, so I'm just hoping I don't have to wait too long.



WHAT I’M READING NOW:



Alpha ARC 
By Jasinda Wilder

WHAT I’M READING THIS WEEK:



Knock Out 
by Michele Mannon



Vital Signs 
by J.L. Mac

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!