Julie's Week In Review

What I Read This Past Week


Toxic by A.C. Bextor
I fell in love with Shame in book one and book two, so I really loved getting inside his head and his past. That poor man had been through more hell that it’s a wonder he turned out as well as he did. What I love the most is that no matter what, Mace seemed to be the one to keep him going ever since he met her and Hem. Their bond was so strong and even though he doubted himself so many times, he knew his love for her was what ended up saving him. I really am sad to see their story end because Shame is one hot and sexy man and you can really tell how much he loves Mace and I was really pulling for him to do the right thing.
GOODREADS/AMAZON



Knox by Cassia Leo
This is a new novella series by Cassia and what a way to start it! I’ve always been a fan of Cassia’s and she never lets me down. Knox is hot and so sexy. The chemistry between him and
Rebecca is off the charts. Knox is a CEO and Rebecca is running from her dad’s mob family. When their worlds collide, you can definitely feel that heat!! I hope we don’t have to wait long to get more of this series because Knox is one you want to check out.
 
GOODREADS/AMAZON


Play by Kylie Scott
Well, I thought I loved David in Lick but Mal just wowed me!! He was quirky and so moody but yet sexy and HOT!! Anne had a crush on Mal and the band for as long as she can remember and finally got to meet him at a party. He sure wasn’t quite what she was expecting. He was so moody and some of the things he thought and said were hilarious!! The poor guy had been and was still going through so much in his personal life but Anne always stood by him, well almost always, but you have to read this great book to find out!!

 GOODREADS/AMAZON


The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
OMG!! What a book! First, thanks to Lea for getting me hooked on this book!! I can’t say how much I loved it. It’s not a typical boy meets girl romance and this is what made it work so well. Nastya and Josh just blew me away at how each of them were so alone and ended up finding out they needed each other more than they thought. Nastya had suffered such a horrible tragedy and moved away from home. All she wanted to do was to be unnoticed and stay hidden from the world. Josh had lost practically everyone in his life from death and isolated himself at school and in his garage. When she appeared in his garage, he is so annoyed at first, but when she doesn’t show he ended up missing her. I loved seeing this story develop and Josh’s friend, Drew, really turned out to be such a great caring guy from the ogling manwhore he started out being. This is such an amazing story of how two people can be brought together from such tragic events and be so perfect for one another in the end.

 GOODREADS/AMAZON


Ryder (Scorpio Stinger .5) by Jani Kay
Ryder is the prequel to Two Worlds Colliding and tells about Ryder and what happens to him growing up. That poor man suffered through so much abuse as a child that it’s a wonder he even made it out alive. This made for a great lead into book one Two Worlds Colliding so you can see why he is the way he is.

 GOODREADS/AMAZON


Two Worlds Colliding by Jani Kay
From getting into Ryder’s head in the prequel, you really understand how he’s so protective of the people he loves. He is hot and mega ALPHA. Once he sets his eyes on something, he won’t back down and that’s Jade. What a lucky girl!! I wasn’t too impressed with her at the start because really she was a stuck up bitch, but boy when Ryder came along, she let her guard down. Jade is from a rich family who hate bikers so it’s not an easy road at all for them. I really didn’t know this wasn’t the end of their story because I’m so anxious to get more. I can’t wait to find out what happens next.  

GOODREADS/AMAZON


Dear Tabitha by Trudy Stiles  
Dear Tabitha is the sequel to Dear Emily and it’s a must read before you read this one. This is Tabitha’s story and what a story it is. This poor girl had suffered abuse and had given up two of her children. Alex, who I quickly fell in love with, had suffered his own abuse and had just came back from on tour with his band and wanted to check on Tabs as he called her. Little did he know, she was not the na├»ve girl he left. She had grown and become so independent. As the story unfolds, Tabitha faces her past demons with the help of Alex, who stands by her the entire time. This book will tear at your emotions and leave you speechless. Alex is, by far, my new book boyfriend so please check this one out!!
 GOODREADS/AMAZON


Breaking Alexandria by K.A. Robinson
I admit that I had not heard a whole lot about this book but knowing it was written by K.A. I knew I wanted to read it and so glad I did. Alexandria is 17 and going down the wrong path with her druggie boyfriend. She’s in for more than she bargained for and while caught in a precarious situation, she is then forced by her parents to leave town and go to her grandparents’ farm for the summer and it ended up saving her life. While on the farm, she meets the hot cowboy Landon, who quickly becomes her best friend, but he soon wants more. He is such a sweetheart and I just loved him!! Suddenly, she experiences a tragic loss and is destroyed and pushes Landon away. I really could have slapped her for that, but it did give her a chance to realize how much she did change while on the farm. I really felt bad for her, even though I felt like she did bring it on herself and I really would have loved to reach in the book and punched her, but I was so pleased with how K.A. brought it all together in the end. I highly recommend this one and look forward to more books from K.A. in the future. 

What I Am Currently Reading


Tethered by L.D. Davis 

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!