Danielle's Week in Review

What I read last week

Worth the Chance by Vi Keeland 
If you have read Worth the Fight then you have already met Vince. He was the scrawny teenage boy that Nico took under his wing. To be honest, at first I was a little hesitant to read this book. I wasn’t sure how Vi could turn a little boy that I felt sorry for into a bossy sex god, but she did. Vince is no longer the little guy he once was, instead he is a cocky, confident, fierce fighter. The best part about him is, that little boy shines through when he is vulnerable. Especially when Liv shows back up into his life. 

I loved this book because not only do you get to see Vince as an adult but you also get a little more insight into him as a teenager. Liv and Vince meet when they were in high school. The two have a connection that hasn’t escaped them into adulthood. As adults the chemistry they have is off the charts. This is one steamy read and had me fanning myself at times. I have a serious addiction to alpha males and Vince ranks up there as one of my favorites. The best part about this book is the story contains a lot more than just sex. There is true depth to their relationship. Life got in the way once and it is threatening to do so again. The challenges these two face, had me biting my nails, while the direction the plot takes had me surprised. Once again, Vi delivered a story that is more than boy meets girl, boy and girl have crazy sex, and then finally get their happy ending. You get a little bit of everything in Worth the Chance and I can’t wait to read the third
book in the series! 4.5-5 Stars

With This Heart by R.S. Grey
Honestly, I’m not sure I have the words to do this book justice. A few days ago a friend recommended it to me and after looking over the synopsis, I knew I had to read it. Within the first few pages I knew she was onto something. I was instantly hooked. I had the biggest smile on my face. With This Heart is so much more than a love story. It is a story about life. If I had to describe it in one word, it would be refreshing! So many of us take life and health for granted daily. We live our lives, but do we truly enjoy them? 

Abby and Beck’s road trip took me places that I never expected. As I read, I felt like I was right there snuggled up with them. So many people can tell a story but it takes talent to make you feel every emotion as if you were one of the characters. The conversations and banter between these two not only made me laugh, but they helped me to understand them on a deeper level. Abby is a young woman who has been through more than most people her age should. She has lived a sheltered life and is finally free. Throughout this book you feel her innocence and naivety. She says what she feels and I just adored her. I felt every one of her first experiences, her struggles, as well as her pain. It has been a while since a book has made me laugh and cry. Don’t let the crying scare you away! I smiled and laughed more! Beck, well he is handsome and clever and stole my heart after their first encounter. A meeting that I will never forget because it happens in the most original place. 

I don’t want to say much because I feel like this is one you need to experience, not just read about. I know everyone has different taste but I feel like this a book for the majority. Do yourself and pick this one up! With This Heart is a gem, which I’m sure everyone will see shinning shortly. 5 Stars 

Hard Time by Cara McKenna
Available April 15th 

**arc provided by publisher via Netgalley**
This book surprised the hell out of me! The synopsis grabbed my attention and I couldn’t wait to dive in. When you read several books a week, the stories start to run together. But Hard Time is very different. I would give this one 5 stars based on originality alone. I love a dirty book, like most of you, but this one blew me away. Seriously, I made the mistake of reading this one at work! Bad idea, because I’m sure my cheeks were flushed as hell, and I had all kinds of dirty thoughts running through my mind. Not to mention, I was in dire need of a cold shower! I’ve read my fair share of dirty books but this one is different because it’s about a courtship between lovers who have never touched one another. We’ve all seen those shows or heard about those women that write to inmates and fall in love with a man behind bars. Yeah, I always thought they are crazy, but after this book, thought, I am thinking maybe they are onto something. The words and thoughts that Eric wrote to Annie are hot! Do I mean hot! You take a guy and lock him in a cell for five years, the things he says he wants to do to her will have you fanning yourself! The first half of this book had me excited in more ways than one. 

Unfortunately, the second half of the book didn’t work as well for me. I still enjoyed it and think the book was good but I had a few problems. I loved the characters but Annie kind of got on my nerves. I understand where she was coming from with her feelings for Eric but I thought being told repeatedly was borderline overkill. I loved Eric but I had a little trouble picturing him as a man in his 30’s. Maybe I really understood him better than I think I did? He has spent half a decade locked up behind bars; it would make sense that he sometimes comes across more as a teenager. The other problem I had was that I didn’t feel like all of my questions were answered. I like when every loop is closed and I didn’t feel like that happened. Overall, I really enjoyed this one and I would recommend it to someone looking for a sexy read with a different twist. This is the first book I have read by Cara McKenna and it won’t be my last. 4 Stars 

What I'm reading

Night After Night by Lauren Blakely
Available April 18th

What I'm reading soon

Destroyed by Pepper Winters

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!