Teri Beth's Week In Review


What I Read This Week

Definitely, Maybe in Love by Ophelia London 
 ARC provided by publishers via NetGalley
I’ll admit I’ve never read Pride and Prejudice (I’ve seen the movie, does that count?). This was a modern take of the classic. Being that I have seen the movie of the classic I noticed the similar plot points and I enjoyed that! Definitely, Maybe in Love was cute and quirky. I loved the environmentalist heroine, Spring. I found myself smitten with the handsome hero, Henry Knightly. Their banter and debates were entertaining for the most part. I liked the pacing of this story and the fact that it wasn’t insta-love; you felt the characters relationship progress. While I enjoyed the story itself, it didn’t provoke much emotion from me and I wish it had of. There were a few scenes that could have had an emotional impact, but for me I just didn’t feel those scenes. Overall, this is a pleasant read that I would recommend to NA fans as well as Pride and Prejudice fans. – 3.5 stars
GOODREADS/AMAZON 
 
 Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
Review to come closer to release date!
GOODREADS/AMAZON

Unintentional Virgin by A.J. Bennett 
 ARC provided by publishers via NetGalley 
I usually really like sweet, cute, easy reads. Unintentional Virgin is just that; sweet, cute and a really easy read. Unfortunately, I just couldn’t get in to this one. I enjoyed the premise of the story; an almost twenty year old wanting to lose her virginity, good guy won’t take it until spending three weeks with her, getting to know her. I mean, it’s totally cute and sweet! I just felt like there was too much going on with both of the characters. Past things were thrown in randomly with no explanation, Karma (I did like her name!) had new issues at every turn, Jax was everything under the sun, firefighter, boxer, bouncer, and the list goes on. And then there was the bucket list and the adventures. It was just too much going on for me. Also, I was not a huge fan of the way it was written. It was difficult for me to read at times and that wasn’t because of the story itself. I liked the idea of it all and there are some good parts to this story, but in the end it just didn’t work for me. 
2.5 stars
GOODREADS/AMAZON

What I'm Reading Now

Searching for Beautiful by Nyrae Dawn
GOODREADS/AMAZON

What I Hope To Read Soon

The Summer I Found You by Jolene Perry
GOODREADS/AMAZON
  
Out of Tune by Michelle D. Argyle
GOODREADS/AMAZON

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!