Julie's Week In Review

What I Read Last Week

Two Weeks by Andrea Wolfe
I found this book good but not great.  You have the big city girl and the small town guy agreeing to a two week fling.  Ally is Jackson’s friend’s little sister and knows he shouldn’t be attracted to her but she’s not the little girl he remembers.  She’s come home for a reunion and when they meet, they both feel the connection.  I love Jackson because he is tough, sexy, and a really great guy.  I just seemed to keep waiting for some kind of moment for it to make me say ‘WOW’ but he didn’t work for me and I give this book 3 stars.

Saving Dallas by Kim Jones
Luke is just one hot alpha male that I love.  He’s the president of the Devil’s Renegade MC and quite a force to be reckoned with.  Dallas is beautiful and rich and ready for one night of fun.  She didn’t realize what she was asking for when she ran into Luke.  He’s so dominating and wants to control her and she certainly gives him a run for his money.  She has never been bossed around and fights him every chance she gets.  Luke has a big secret that drew me in and this book kept me interested.  When Dallas finds herself in danger, I love seeing the big, protective, but yet oh so tender Luke swooping in to try and save the day.  Diving into book two and I give this book 4 stars. 

Making the Cut, Saving Dallas Book Two by Kim Jones
When I first started this series, I really didn’t know it was three books so when I finished this one, I asked, WTH?  The suspense throughout this book kept me interested and wanting to find out more of Luke’s secrets.  When they were revealed, it definitely wasn’t what I suspected and the more Dallas finds out, their love is definitely tested in this one.  Then when Dallas’s life is threatened, Luke makes the ultimate sacrifice that blew me away.  I was pulling for him to save her and for them to be happy.  I just hope I don’t have to wait long for book three and give this one 4 stars also. 
GOODREADS/AMAZON 

My Winter by Nikki Young
This is one of those books that I’m torn about.  I saw it had mostly 5 star reviews but I just didn’t feel it with this one.  Leah constantly pissed me off throughout this book and I just wasn’t happy with her at all.  After realizing her fianc√© Ellis isn’t the man of her dreams, she accepts a date with Adam.  Ellis was a real idiot and was constantly bossing her around and pretty much showed no emotion toward her at all.  Adam was just the opposite and made her feel what a woman should feel and not be told how to feel.  I understand she had a bad childhood but constantly bringing up Ellis just got old for me.  I wanted to just slap her and tell her if she wanted an uncaring jerk over a tender and hot man to just do it and quit talking about it.  When she should have just come out with things, she puts it off and ends up in a bad situation which she had no one to blame for herself.  Like I said, this book just didn’t work for me and I can only give it 3 stars. 
Riding Dirty by Abriella Blake
I always love a good MC book but I was a little torn about this one.  Bronson was a MMA fighter and a member of the MC.  Rowan is desperate to find a way to save her sister and in the process hatches a scheme with Bronson.  It was definitely one I had never seen in a book before.  But with some of the circumstances around how she ended up with Bronson were disappointing to me.  She didn’t have the normal, getting to know you relationship.  It was fast and to me, somewhat unbelievable.  After I got over the initial shock, I did enjoy the story and the twists and turns in the book but I feel it’s a 3 star read for me. 
GOODREADS/AMAZON 

What I'm Currently Reading


Saving Dallas Forever by Kim Jones

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!