Danielle's Week In Review


What I Read This Week

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

Add to GOODREADS.
ARC provided by publisher via Netgalley

I finished Maybe Someday a few days ago and the more I think about it the more I fall in love. Ridge and Sydney’s story is such a beautiful one. Like all of Colleen Hoover’s books, this is not a simple love story. It is unique, well written, and devastatingly beautiful. There is no other story out there to compare it to; yes, at times, the plot reminded me of other books but the story stands out on its own, making it truly special.

I was so happy to read Maybe Someday at the same time as the other girls on the blog. It was fascinating to see how the six of us took the same story so differently. In my opinion it is one of those books you really need to dissect and look at on multiple levels to feel and understand its true potential. The story is so much deeper once you get inside the characters’ heads and understand who they are and why they made the decisions that they did. I had to really dig deep with this one and understand the underlying traits of the characters to really appreciate the story and learn to love the parts I hated. 

Ridge was one of the most complex characters I have read about in a long time. To be honest when I first finished this book I wasn’t even sure I liked him. I remember telling the girls on the blog that I never fell in love with him. The more we talked and the more I thought about this book, the quicker I realized that was far from the truth. Ridge stirred up emotions in me that most other characters fail to. The majority of the book I wanted to slap the shit out of him. But then there were times that my heart broke for him. I had to really get inside his head and understand why he made the decisions he did to appreciate them. Ridge is a loyal and devoted man as well as a caregiver. He is special because he always puts everyone else first. Now that I have thought about it, I may have to pick this book up again to see how much more I can get out of it.

Sydney was a very likeable character, but I didn’t find her to be as complex. She is just in a vulnerable place when she meets Ridge. She is sweet and nice and at times that backfires. I had to keep reminding myself that she is young and trying to find herself. That isn’t an easy task for anyone.

My emotions were all over the place with this book and at times I wasn’t even sure how I felt about anyone or anything anymore. This is one of the most beautiful, emotional books I have read in a long time. I found myself laughing, crying, and angry at times. Several of the scenes in this book will stick with me for a long time because they were amazing. It takes a talented author to evoke these type of feelings out of reader and Colleen Hoover never fails to deliver. With the addition of the music to this novel, this 5 star experience was even better.

Purchase

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!