Review: Love, Lies & The D.A. by Rebecca Rohman

Jada McLean is about to get married in nine days, when she walks in on her fiancé in a littlemore than a compromising position. Days later, she’s on a trip that she intends to be relaxingand a prelude to her fresh start, when she runs into the rude, obnoxious, but gorgeousJonathan Kole.

Jonathan Kole is San Francisco’s newest District Attorney. When he finds himself deeplyattracted to a stunning beauty, he has no idea that she’s about to get into BIG trouble withthe law—and he’ll be the one presiding over her trial. To make matters worse, his father is thelawyer representing her in the high-profile case.

When a series of events force them together over New Year’s weekend, Jonathan’s feelingsand ethics will come into question, while Jada comes to terms with the fact that she is fallingfor the man that will be responsible for attempting to put her behind bars… Little do theyknow, they're both about to fall into a whirlwind so deep, it will send both their lives spiralingout of control.
Add to GOODREADS.
ARC provided by author in exchange for honest review.

Review

I love romance books, but I also get tired of reading what seems like the same story over and over again. Anytime I can get my hands on something different, I jump at the chance. I love the action-packed books that have a little bit of mystery to them and this one was just that. It is so much more than a love story. It had action, suspense, lust and drama all packed into a unique storyline. The only problem I had was a times it seems to drag just a little. This is a longer novel and there is a great amount of detail and side stories along the way. Don’t get me wrong, this is something that I usually enjoy but there were a few times I found myself so immersed in the story and I just wanted answers so it seemed to drag. Overall I really enjoyed it. 

The story begins just days before Jada is to marry her fiancé. After walking in on him with her best friend her life quickly falls apart. The poor girl is screwed over literally by the people closest to her. She is no pushover though. I really enjoyed her character and it was nice to read about a strong female for once. Instead of falling apart, she decides to escape and take a little vacation. It is in Lake Tahoe that she meets the gorgeous but cocky as hell Jonathan Kole. Oh boy, does he make a great first impression. He is such an ass! I just loved the interaction between the two. There is scorching hot chemistry between them but Jada is trying to get her life together and not complicate things any more than they already are. Little does she know her life is about to get worse when she becomes the main suspect in a murder case. To make things even more complicated, Jonathan seems to be everywhere. After a scary incident, the two are forced to spend time together. This is when things really start to heat up. The problem with that is Jonathan’s new job has him involved in her case. As convoluted as that sounds, it is the least of their worries. 

I loved all the twist and turns throughout this story; just when I thought I had things figured out, it went in a different direction. The book is so detailed and I felt like I was right there along for the ride. The characters were likeable and I really enjoyed the relationships not only between the main characters but the supporting characters as well. It wasn’t rushed and I felt like you really got to know them not only as a couple but as individuals. I don’t want to say much more and let any spoilers slip; you will have to read it to find out what happens. But I will say that after reading Love , Lies and the DA, I look forward to more books by Rebecca.

Purchase


1 comment

  1. Thank you sharing, posting & your wonderful review. I appreciate your support. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome!