Angela's Week in Review


What I Read Last Week

Requested Surrender by Riley Murphy
This was another awesome novel by Riley Murphy. This is the fourth book in the Surrender series, so I was already invested in the characters. I couldn’t wait to see what Racy Lacy’s story was, but I have to admit to being totally shocked by it! David is the third partner in the very elite BDSM club, and he is not quite what he has been advertised as in the previous novels. I am kind of glad, because a metrosexual dom toting around a lap dog was a little hard to come to terms with!

David turned out to be just what Lacy needed to overcome her fears and face her future and find her “Epic Life”. What I love about Riley is that she gets you in your heart. She tells a story that makes totally brings the characters to life, and makes you WANT them to find their happily ever after. I was so worked up at one point, I had to set my Kindle down and walk away. Now that’s a good story!

I love that this a book about BDSM that isn’t over the top, like whips and chains and St. Andrews crosses and leather masks. I’m not saying there is anything wrong with that at all. What I’m saying is, this is a more laid back approach to a D/s relationship that focuses more on Lacy’s submission to David. It isn’t about the trappings of “stuff”, it’s about her feelings. I LOVED that!

If you can’t tell, I loved just about everything about this book, I have to give it five stars! If you are going to read it, you might want to check out the prequel, Date With a Dom, available from Amazon as well. It gives you the first four dates David and Lacy have before Requested Surrender starts. Also, these are NOT typical dates. They are DOM dates!! HOT HOT HOT!!
The Other Sister by Leanne Davis
I don't even know where to start with reviewing this book. I never really cared for either of the main characters. The basis of the book is that there are two sisters one of them is a "good girl" and does just what her father wants, and the other one is kind of of a bad girl and gets into trouble and is an embarrassment to everyone. This book was about the "Other Sister" the bad girl, Jessie. She gets abducted, and her father, a big time General, sends in one of his soldiers, to rescue her. She has been attacked and raped by the kidnappers. In the meantime, this guy (Who honestly, I can't even remember his name, and I read the book three days ago) is thinking how much trouble she is and how horrible she is. 

After he rescues her, The guy crushes on her sister a little, and the sister crushes on him, which I found gross, the father is horrible, other stuff happens. Basically this was a huge mess. So, I feel like I'm generous in giving it three stars.

What I'm Reading Next Week

Rare and Precious Things by Raine Miller
GOODREADS/AMAZON 

Higher by Zara Cox
GOODREADS/Amazon 

No comments

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!